click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: Any worth WhatsApp and Telegram alternatives?  (Read 682 times)

LovelyMe

• View Profile
Any worth WhatsApp and Telegram alternatives?
« on: January 25, 2021, 04:00:10 PM »
Hi everyone
I think that every user is already aware of the latest news about WhatsApp privacy policy changes. And I'm sure that many already refused that app. But what should we choose?

The latest news also showed the insolvency of Telegram, which, at the request of the authorities, removes channels and users, and Signal, which collapsed on the first day of loading. Well, everyone knows that they also do not guarantee complete data security.

I've seen a Utopia p2p alternative https://utopia-ecosystem.com/ but it's not very widely known and I'm not sure whether it's worth trying and trusting.

So the question is what to choose instead of WhatsApp to stay safe and secured?

Thanks in advance!

Klassew

• View Profile
Re: Any worth WhatsApp and Telegram alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 09:57:59 AM »
I believe that Signal and Telegram will follow WhatsApp sooner or later. As all the soft that require a phone number can use it or enclose your data to third parties on request. So maybe your alternative is better, but not many people will trust it due to a closed sourse. For me it's not a problem, I don't really have much to hide, but look for anonymity anyway.

LovelyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 02:22:57 PM »
I believe that Signal and Telegram will follow WhatsApp sooner or later. As all the soft that require a phone number can use it or enclose your data to third parties on request. So maybe your alternative is better, but not many people will trust it due to a closed sourse. For me it's not a problem, I don't really have much to hide, but look for anonymity anyway.
Yes, everything goes to this. Moreover, I read the news about bots in Carts that already allow you to get a personal number for any user. What could be next? Maybe credit card numbers?=)

Klassew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 08:40:44 PM »
If you've mentioned, Telegram now has lots of problems with different authorities as they allow different channels to appear. So I believe it won't long last. But what I think is that we have a freedom of speech and it's very bad to forbid something in social media. Have to look for alternatives already.

LovelyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 10:18:19 AM »
Yes, it seems to me that soon Telegram will gain the same fame as Watsapp. It remains to wait quite a bit=)

Klassew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 11:51:58 AM »
I was also thinking about it. If before people were more sure in messengers like Telegram and Signal, now there are alternatives that have the same functions, even more additional ones and a real privacy and encryption. Providing a phone number to the app in 2021 is insane. And I'll never believe they don't use it.

LovelyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 12:59:11 PM »
Oh, of course you're right! I will always remember the phrase: if you do not need to pay for any service or product, then you are the product yourself and they will earn money on you.

sware

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 05:08:46 PM »
thanks

Klassew

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 08:34:48 PM »
Oh, of course you're right! I will always remember the phrase: if you do not need to pay for any service or product, then you are the product yourself and they will earn money on you.

:))) I won't agree, bro. There are many good services that don't require any payments. Maybe only for some additional functions. People that develop such things, can earn money on other stuff, not on paid software only. But in many cases you're right, big corporations do money on data.

LovelyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 01:08:13 PM »
Well, of course, there is an exception for every rule. Hope you are absolutely right. bro =))))

fallenangel1789

• Legendary
  • Albetrage bet.. No Chance of Losing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 01:50:52 PM »
For now, they are the best apps I use. I do not need any other app. ı do not think that alternatives will have better privacy opportunities.

Klassew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2021, 06:46:51 AM »
For now, they are the best apps I use. I do not need any other app. ı do not think that alternatives will have better privacy opportunities.

Who they? WhatsApp? You're ready to share all your data with Facebook, which will store it and sell? Do you check news how much data is regularly stolen? It doesn't mean they see your photos and messages only - it collects much more data from your phone. Including listening to your mic.

fallenangel1789

• Legendary
  • Albetrage bet.. No Chance of Losing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 12:02:52 AM »

Who they? WhatsApp? You're ready to share all your data with Facebook, which will store it and sell? Do you check news how much data is regularly stolen? It doesn't mean they see your photos and messages only - it collects much more data from your phone. Including listening to your mic.

I mean Telegram and whatsup.  For now, there is no alternative. For cryptocurrencies Telegram is necessary. For ordinary life, we have to use whatsup. We can show some reactions to change data policy of big firms. That's good.

LovelyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 01:41:32 PM »
Well, what about a series of scandals involving cyber attacks and theft of data from users of these applications?

Klassew

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 01:52:19 PM »
Well, what about a series of scandals involving cyber attacks and theft of data from users of these applications?

Seems like no one really cares. Saying there are no alternatives and not even looking for them. Okay, if Utopia is so scary with its closed source code, what about tens of other messengers. For example, those, not asking for your mobile number. It is at least something.

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services