click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: Pro Writing & Editing Services - 30y Experience  (Read 405 times)

jayrob

• View Profile
Pro Writing & Editing Services - 30y Experience
« on: November 13, 2020, 12:16:15 PM »
First-world quality; no farm-outs, no ESL; I do all work myself.

25% discount if paying with Bitcoin.

What I do…

Writing – ghosting – copy editing – line editing – developmental editing – notes – consults – outline help.

Books (fiction and nonfiction) – articles – content – pitches & promotional materials – screenplays – adaptations.

Who I am…

I’ve written articles for print publications with circulations of up to 30 million (Parade), and online venues with circulations of up to 115 million (Huffington Post). I’ve written two books (one a novel, one a how-to) published by Macmillan (St. Martin’s and Tor/Forge imprints). I’m an editor and the director of development at one of America’s oldest independent editing-services firms, where I’ve worked for the past 15 years. I’ve taught others how to write, through articles in books and magazines for authors. My screenplays have twice been honored by the Nicholl Fellowships of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (the Oscar guys), and I literally wrote the book on screenplay adaptations (“A comprehensive and practical guide” – Booklist). I got my start making scientific and technical topics understandable for a general audience.

I’m currently finishing up edits on a client’s soon-to-be-released book for Bitcoin newbies. Many writing samples at https://makeyourbookamovie.com/

But enough about me.

What’s your project? What do you need? When do you need it?

Services...

Writing: Projects priced on a case-by-case basis. PM me with your needs. $50 minimum (after BTC discount).

Editing: Editing definitions vary, but these are mine…

NOTE: Take 25% off prices shown if paying with Bitcoin.

10/25: A quick read of your first ten pages, with a few notes pointing out areas for improvement. For use when you're not sure what state the work is in, and would like a professional opinion before deciding on a next step.

Price: $25. Turnaround: One day. (No BTC discount on this service because, hey--it's $25...)

Annotation: A detailed read of your work, with notes placed throughout the document or manuscript (via Word's "comment" function) to point out specific areas for improvement. Recurring issues will be noted with representative examples. Book-length works will have hundreds of notes, sometimes a thousand or more. Use when you suspect there may be substantial issues remaining, and you intend to revise the current draft yourself.

Price: $.014 per word. Turnaround: A few days to a few weeks, depending on length. Rush service available. PM me with your needs. $50 minimum (after BTC discount).

Copy Edit: corrects typos, grammar, syntax, and punctuation; ensures consistent spelling, hyphenation, numbers, fonts, capitalization etc. For use when these are the only remaining issues to be addressed. Less comprehensive than a Line Edit.

Typical price: $.016 per word average; works that need a heavier-than-usual copy edit can run higher. Turnaround: A few days to a few weeks, depending on length. Rush service available. PM me with your needs. $50 minimum (after BTC discount).

Line Edit with Notes: Copy edit plus revision/polish to address things like factual inconsistencies, pacing, repetition, run-ons, clarity, points of potential confusion, and tonal shifts. Rephrases things (where necessary) on a sentence-by-sentence level, while keeping the author’s “voice” intact. Notes point out issues (if any) which fall beyond the scope of a line edit: missing information, contradictory claims, suggested additions or deletions (“How about explaining this a bit more?” “Do we really need that section?” Etc.). For use when the current draft is as good as you can make it, and you're looking for help in taking it across the finish line and making it the best it can be.

Typical price range: $.02 - $.07 per word, depending on the amount of work to be done. Turnaround: A few days to a few weeks, depending on length. Rush service available. PM me with your needs. $50 minimum (after BTC discount).

Consulting: Looking to publish a book (trad or indie), sell a screenplay, do an adaptation? Pick my brain by phone.

Price: $75 per hour. Turnaround: A few days. Rush service available. PM me with your needs. $50 minimum (after BTC discount).

Other Services available; PM me with your needs.

And remember: Take 25% off prices shown if paying with Bitcoin.

If you’re looking for high quality at reasonable prices, PM me with questions or details.

If you’re looking for lowball offshore/ESL prices, that’s not me.

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services