click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: What are the pros and cons of GoPro cameras?  (Read 536 times)

mogulkahn

• View Profile
What are the pros and cons of GoPro cameras?
« on: March 12, 2019, 02:30:22 PM »
What are the pros and cons of GoPro cameras?

Zurro0

• View Profile
Re: What are the pros and cons of GoPro cameras?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 01:51:01 PM »
Sports camera is getting more and more popular, as a necessary partner for out-door sports, such as skiing, skating, riding, surfing, diving and so on.

Action cameras are unlike any other kind of camera. They're designed to be attached to helmets, surfboards, cars and other objects, and they're small, tough and simple, with a lens that captures the world in high-definition video in a wide-angle fish-eye perspective.

Their small size and dramatic POV ('point of view') footage has made them popular with extreme sports personalities who capture their adventures by attaching cameras to themselves or their equipment. They're also used by TV production companies where using a regular video camera would be impossible.

Action cams are almost the opposite of regular video cameras – they're small, they're inexpensive, they're simple to operate and tough.

GoPro is the market leader with its iconic box-shaped Hero cameras, but action cams also come in a 'bullet' style, like the iON Air Pro. There's lots of choice now, and you shouldn't just buy on brand – think about what you want from an action camera and how you plan to use it.

Letmero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 03:17:58 PM »
Pros:
- beautiful matte, lightweight design
- ability to use underwater (however the touch screen doesn't work
- when you go too deep into the water)
- really fun to use especially with the mini touchscreen
- plenty of settings to get your desired shot
- there's timelapse

Cons:
- there's a small flap covering the SD card/cables slot and this is fully detachable so it's easy to lose
- official accessories that come with it, especially the gimbal (to stabilise filming) cost about as much as the device itself
By the way there are many good GoPro alternatives on the market, here is a good top pick.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 03:35:05 PM by Letmero »

mata77

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 05:52:38 PM »
Imo the biggest advantage of such cameras, not only GoPro, is that they are so useful because of its sizes which are really compact. You can attache it to almost everything, record every kind of video and take amazing pictures, you can use it instead of camera. I don't like that most accessories are sooo expensive, especially when it comes to GoPro. However, there are more and more sport cameras which are really good too.

brainstorm212

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 10:45:17 AM »
Hello, friends, I would like to ask you. I have a gimbal for mirrorless camera (Evo Rage Gen 2), and I would like to ask you if this gimbal will be compatible with any gopro (as I would like to purchase a small camera like gopro)
This gimbal is expensive enough so I would like to use it everywhere

Demixl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 04:08:12 PM »
Hello, friends, I would like to ask you. I have a gimbal for mirrorless camera (Evo Rage Gen 2), and I would like to ask you if this gimbal will be compatible with any gopro (as I would like to purchase a small camera like gopro)
This gimbal is expensive enough so I would like to use it everywhere

Hey there  I don't think so because gimbals for mirrorless camera are suitable only for them and even not for all, here you already need to pick up, but maybe it will, who knows I am not a professional in this. I use  DJI Ronin SC with Canon and it's enough for me, I haven't thought about gopro yet.  You may need to purchase a special gimbal for GoPro and not suffer more dude)) anyway I recommend you to visit gimbalgarage where you can find more about gimbals and cameras .
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 04:11:33 PM by Demixl »

pritka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 05:06:58 PM »
Yeah, I don't think one model of gimbal is compatible for all.

AlisaKim4

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 12:29:49 PM »
I think that GoPro is not so comfortable. I was reading this article and found a lot of different information about cameras. The huge list of different options.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 03:34:32 PM by AlisaKim4 »

AlteredCarbon

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 07:37:52 AM »
You know, go pro is not for all people. In my opinion, people pay too big price for it whereas this is not beautiful. I am going to find a good action camera under 200 by the link and I am sure that I will be able to find it! I just want to check how good it is

Garmazze

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 09:19:08 PM »
Pros:
- beautiful matte, lightweight design
- ability to use underwater (however the touch screen doesn't work
- when you go too deep into the water)
- really fun to use especially with the mini touchscreen
- plenty of settings to get your desired shot
- there's timelapse

Cons:
- there's a small flap covering the SD card/cables slot and this is fully detachable so it's easy to lose
- official accessories that come with it, especially the gimbal (to stabilise filming) cost about as much as the device itself
By the way there are many good GoPro alternatives on the market, here is a good top pick.
Sony FDRX3000 - best opinion!

Mifto

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 11:31:17 AM »
Recently we went on a trip and in order to shoot the underwater world there, we had to purchase GoPro. So far, we have not noticed any minuses, the quality of photos and videos is decent, the camera itself is very convenient and compact, which is good for use.

catherineharris

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 01:40:35 PM »
If you have a slow internet connection then you must switch to Du Home Internet for fastest connectivity and much more fun also they offer really exciting packages for its customers you can check du home internet packages for more info.

hisscotch

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
    • Buy Reddit Upvotes
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 02:05:04 PM »
As for me main con is sound. It's terrible.

DeEva

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 09:07:29 AM »
Indeed, I like that this camera is very convenient and compact, it has a big memory and makes really good qualitative photos in the water. But honestly, my main workhorse for YouTube is surely another one. To tell the truth, If you just start your career, the Best Cameras For Beginners that I would advise you is an Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III. Indeed, the perfect model that is really easy in exploitation and very comfortable to hold in hand. More than all, it has the perfect quality for a very economizing price.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 10:58:45 PM by DeEva »

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services