click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ―――― ▲ MOIN ―― 2 Years On, Still Going Strong! ―― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 23639 times)

• Novice
    • View Profile
Superblock? When? Reat! nice giveaway. Get them to wallet&stakeholders more chance to win SUPERBLOCK.

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Sunday Update #44

Hello!  It is that time again.  I am the Moin "community manager" and this is the Moin fortnightly update.  In case you are new we just try to touch base once ever two weeks regardless of what is going on.  If there is news this is where it will be, it's also an opportunity to say hello and repeat our social media links for those that may not be aware of them.

Vella's Asks About The Swap

Long time Moin supporter Vella asked "I know KingCaper isn't one for roadmaps however is there any estimate time frame this year for when the swap will take place? I think it is a good time to announce something on the swap as the year just started. 2018 was a bad year for crypto and a lot of projects didn't do much including MOIN so I'm hoping that we see something this year with this project. "

It's a very reasonable question so I want to try and explain this as clearly as possible. 

MOIN is a 100% open source and community driven project.  It is literally up to us, the community, to produce anything.  Even our lead developer KingCaper can be thought of as a member of the community.

The answer is that no one is working on a roadmap right now.  What several people are working on is producing a website to facilitate the swap and also the work related to actually creating the new chain that the coins will be swapped to.  This progress comes in waves as people have time to put toward the project.  I don't see anything stopping us from getting it accomplished but setting a specific deadline would not increase our productivity and would almost certainly lead to disappointment if the deadline was not reached. 

Really appreciate your question Vella and I hope this answer suffices for now.

Moin Movement League Phase 16

Moin Movement is a website I have been building with the help of the community over the last year.  The idea is to reward participants for various things. Ranging from being active in our discord chat, or posting in our subreddit, or tweeting with certain tags attached.   You can check it out at moinmovement.net.  This phase we began testing our contest module.  The first contest generated a couple of entries and was essentially just a test of our format to make these contests.  If you are interested in participating please check out our social media channels listed in the next section.  We are always happy for new ideas.

MOIN Social Channels
We are a crypto movement built on voluntary and open contribution.  Anything you see with MOIN on it has been created by an individual who felt motivated to contribute.  If this resonates with you please consider joining us.  You don't need to have any MOIN to join.  Simply head over to  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and pick a communication method you are comfortable with.  You will be greeted by one of the friendliest crypto communities in the entire space time continuum.

MOIN!
-Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Sunday Update #45

Howdy MOINers.  Its fortnightly update day.  Did you catch that MOIN commercial on the Puppy Bowl?  It was right between the one with the lizard buying stuff off OpenBazzar and the one saying that Litecoin doesn't have and corn syrup in it.  I'm joking of course! Isn't it good to laugh together?  Alright let's get this update over with.

KingCaper Makes A Direction Changing Decision

KingCaper has made a decision which changes the plans regarding the swap to the PART codebase.  I suspect this news will be a bit jarring to some people. I know I was surprised myself.  I think it is my duty however to report this regardless of how uncomfortable it is, and so I will explain what he told me.

About MOIN he says that he would like it to be "as successful as possible".  He does not see this goal being accomplishable by cloning PART.  He says "The only way I see this happening is if we do something completely original", or at least, "something original enough to be noteworthy" . 

He claims he will start by "prototyping it in Python first before implementing it properly in a lower-level language". 

This will still, if things go well, eventually lead to a swap so the work that Severus and I have been doing on the swap website has not been in vain.

I hope I have explained this well enough.  I encouraged KingCaper to help by personally explaining some of his decision as well, so maybe that will happen.  Feel free of course to discuss and ask questions.

Moin Movement League Phase 17

Moin Movement League is going strong and I am still improving the site.  It is a very easy way to get a bit of MOIN so if you would like to participate please do. There are lots of activity that is rewarded and we are steadily adjusting the parameters of the "game" based on feedback.  I really appreciate everyone that is a part of this as it has been and continues to be a very great learning experience.  There is no end in sight for this so feel free to swing by and get involved!

How To Find Other MOINers

Most of the daily MOIN talk occurs through our discord channel.  We have a relay setup though so you can easily choose your flavor of chat and stay in the daily loop.  We also have our subreddit and a few other social media options.  You can find them al listed over at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .  Hope to talk to you soon.

Until Next Time-
-Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Sunday Update #46

It's a me Jooklio back again with another MOIN fortnightly update. Very little info for you this round, but none the less, I am here to give you the info. I am feeling tired so am going to keep it quick and factual :)

Moin Movement League Phase #18

MOIN league phase 18 was pretty regular but it did culminate in some changes to the awards.  It turns out that over time we have learned that tweets are worthless essentially.  Tweets with#bemoin and #moinmovement have been removed.  $moin tweet rewards have been reduced to one a day and point value reduced to 2 hero points. We can't stop people from spamming useless junk but we can stop rewarding them.  I think it is a good change.  Feel free to express if somehow this wasn't a good move.  Phase 18 payouts have been sent.

Moin Social Media Channels Ready For Interaction

The real core MOIN crew is easy to get a hold of.  You can hit up any of the methods at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and if you are wanting to chat you can get a response.  See you there.

See ya soon!
-Jookly

crypto2themoon33

• View Profile
I have been staking MOIN for years now! I just like to see where this project is heading because right now it looks like there is no direction.

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Sunday Update #47

Yes indeed its already been another two weeks.  So I am back to say hi and let you know about any interesting developments in the world of Moin.  Here we go!

Moin Movement League Phase #19

MOIN league phase 19 payouts have been sent.  The changes we implemented for this phase seemed to be well received.  My focus has mostly been on trying to improve the administration components lately. Always looking for feedback though so if you have any ideas swing by our chatroom's listed in the next section.

Chillin' With The Crew

Always room for more in the MOIN chatrooms and other social media areas.  Options are listed at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html so if you have questions or just want to hang out feel free to stop by.

Moin Moin!
-Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Sunday Update #48

Hey Moiners!  Sorry this update is a day late.  I got too busy yesterday and was just too sleepy.  Thanks for your patience and now for the update!

Moin Movement League Phase #20

Wow 20 phases complete!  Thats 40 whole weeks of MOIN filled goodness straight to your dome.  That means we have given out 30,000 MOIN in that time period. Cool! The Moin Movement League still has a ton of room for improvement so if you have any ideas feel free to swing by our chatrooms and let me know. 

This phase CoffeeMaker helped by making an updated logo for the login page!  A very nice and helpful effort!

Chitter Chatter

This is the part where I remind and encourage people to check out our social media options.  You can find the different options at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Cya!
-Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Sunday Update #49

Hello out there!  Hope this update finds you well! Here we are again at the Moin fortnightly update.  It's been very quiet and there is not much info to give out but it is time for a check in.

Moin Movement League Phase #21

21st phase went smooth.  Payouts were sent.  If you are interested in getting a little Moin to test out feel free to try it out @ www.moinmovement.net .  And of course if you need any help with it or other questions swing over to one of our chat rooms or other social media options which are listed at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .

TTYL-
-Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
This weeks update was written by treefrog!  Big thanks to tree for stepping up to help out!

Fortnightly Moinday Update #50

Woo hoo! It's the 50th update! Everyone here before this update deserves a veteran discount on moin :D.

Moin Movement Payouts

Jookly will send the $MOIN payouts today, so don't worry about not getting your precious moin.

Moin Mobile Chat App?

Rumbles mentioned how he still wants a mobile chat app powered by ShadowChat. I also think this would be an interesting idea. Let us know what you think.

Moin Community Showcase

Since there hasn't been a lot going on in the recent updates, I think it would be a cool idea to have a fortnightly showcase of pictures, artwork, projects, and/or designs made by the moin community! Please let me know if you like this idea.

This month's stuff:

The Book of Moin by Coffeemaker

App Design by Rumbles

Moin bot by Coffeemaker

Chat rooms and Moin Movement

If you are interested in getting a little Moin to test out feel free to try it out @ www.moinmovement.net .  And of course if you need any help with it or other questions swing over to one of our chat rooms or other social media options which are listed at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html.

Till next time folks!

-tree frog

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Moinday Update #51

Yeeee haaaaa. It has been yet another two weeks.  That means of course that it is time for the 51st moin update! So get your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches bagged up, your helmets strapped on, and lets go!

Moin Movement

This was the 23rd Moin Movement phase. Payouts went out earlier this afternoon. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the spring!  Thanks participants!

King Caper Post On Bitcointalk

KingCaper has posted a couple times in April in the bitcointalk thread so I thought I could link to those for people who might have missed them.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg50441337#msg50441337 is the first one and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg50739793#msg50739793 the second.  Thanks for checking in KingCaper!

Moin Chat rooms

Head over to http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html to check out different ways to get in contact . Moin moin!

Talk to you again soon!-
  Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Update #52

And so it was that our crypto travelers came upon the Moin fortnightly update 52.  Hope today's update finds you well.  Not much new to report.  I will reiterate the links to KingCaper's most recent communications again this update incase anyone missed them and to make them easier to find.  Also a happy mothers day to all the mommas out there.

Moin Movement Phase 24 payout

Sent out the phase 24 payouts just before sitting down to type up this update.  Cha-ching! Thanks to all participants as always! :)

King Caper Post On Bitcointalk

As I mentioned up above this is a repeat from last fortnight update but I am putting it here as well to increase the ability for people to see it. 
KingCaper has posted a couple times in April in the bitcointalk thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg50441337#msg50441337 is the first one and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg50739793#msg50739793 the second.

Bu bye-
  Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Update #53

Hello out there my Moin friends. First things first. I missed a couple updates.... No real good reason.  I just was feeling distracted by irl stuff and was a little burnt out from posting updates with very little info. I'm happy to be feeling better and back in the update mood now though.  A little fresh air and good weather can really help a lot.  OK lets do this thang.

Moin Movement Payouts On Schedule

Although I did take a little break from posting these updates the Moin Movement League and the payouts has continued uninterrupted.  I love our group of people who participate on this and am still looking forward to growing the software to be more interesting, entertaining and robust.  It is a really nice little way to get some Moin for simple participation like chatting in our discord or other social media activity.  If you want to check it out go to www.moinmovement.net or hit us up in our chat room for more info.

King Caper Continues His Studying

I was stoked when i logged in today to see that KC had continued posting some questions and updates on his progress on bitcointalk while I was on my little break.  It looks like he is learning about some big topics related to software architecture and is always looking for feedback and direction.  MOIN is still a very open ended project and new ways of thinking or creative solutions to problems is always great.  Like a delicious meal MOIN is best cooked very slowly.

Updated Twitter Price Ticker

I updated the script that produces the price ticker which is tweeted daily by the @moincrypto account.  It had the cryptopia price on it and so I removed that price and replaced it with coinexchange.io .  I think this change will help correctly represent MOIN exchange offerings and alleviate any confusions that could be caused by cryptopia. I noticed a couple other places that this change needs to be reflected as well and will try to get that taken care of this week.

Game Jam?
We have been talking in the chat about trying to put together a game jam with a MOIN prize.  We are just starting to discuss the details of this event so if you have any experience or ideas in the are feel free to drop in and participate.

Moin Life
Come join our quiet littlec crypto currency community.  You can see various social media options @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Be well!-
  Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Update #54

Howdy doo Moinarino's.  Coming at you with a fresh new fortnightly update.  Number fifty four to be exact.  Let's get to it!

Moin Movement Phase 28 Payout

If you participated in Phase 28 you should see your payout has arrived at your registered address. Thanks as usual to all participants and a big MOIN welcome to new participants.  Be sure to leave your ideas and feedback so we can continue to improve the Moin Movement League.  If you don't know what the Moin Movement League is then goto www.moinmovement.net or hit us up in our chat room for more info.

Moin Social Options
If you are trying to find the Moin commuity look know further than the page over @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html You should be able to find an option that works for you.  We look forward to hearing from you!

TTYL-
  Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Update #55

Another two weeks and time for another Moin fortnightly.  I hope everyone is doing well out there. It has been a quiet couple weeks around MOIN channels.  Phase 29 payouts were sent and as usual thanks to those who participated.  Last but not least of course be sure to hit up our communications channels at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html if you would like to learn more or get involved.

Moin!-
  Jookly

webgrup

• I do not know who I am
    • View Profile

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services