click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ―――― ▲ MOIN ―― 2 Years On, Still Going Strong! ―― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 23742 times)

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Sunday Update #29

Happy June solstice to everyone out there.  As our trajectory across the cosmos continues so do the Moin fortnightly updates.  Here comes a hot one off the edge of reality.

Moin Movement League Updates

The Moin Movement League beta site @ https://moinmovement.net has been updated with some additional functions.  These include a hero point/award tracker, activity feed, updated verification section, and 2 week phase tracker, basically the things we have discussed if you are following the conversation.  We are continuing forward with feedback and community driven development on this website and invite anyone interested to join in testing.  The best place to do so is through our chatrooms which you can find listed at http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html  I want to extend a very genuine thank you to everyone that has been participating in this process.

Moin Movement League Payouts

We are getting close to being able to move all the way over to tracking participation via the new https://moinmovement.net website.  This week I am going to payout to all addresses that helped with the testing by testing the new registration and events.  I will take care of those payouts after I finish posting this to various places. I am looking forward to basing a payout on the scores from the website in one of our upcoming phases.

Peace
- Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
Fortnightly Sunday Update #30

That's right folks its your favorite time again. Fortnightly updaaaaaaaate.  This has been one of the busiest two weeks in my life personally, non MOIN related, but anyway, it's time to take pause and breath in a fresh breath of MOIN.

Moin Movement League

I'm pretty stoked to see participation up on the Moin Movement Leave website @ https://moinmovement.net .  We are definitely seeing an increase in general participation, both number of participants and engagement per participant.  I hope people are having fun or finding it interesting or just excited to receive some MOIN for participating.  All are welcome.

We only did some minor updates over this phase format wise but most of the design work is in progress. Axlht and I are in talks on regular basis about how the next design will look and I am excited to work towards bringing that vision into reality.

The distribution scheme for the payouts has been adjusted.  The first version was just some examples I took from a billards tournament but it was not going to be flexible enough for our needs.  The new payout schedule did reduce the reward for maybe the top two or three spots this phase but don't worry, I will just pay out whichever would have been higher this time <3 .

All feedback is appreciated and welcome. In particular right now if you have any additional ideas for actions that could be awarded points that would be very helpful.

Head over to our communication options @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html to find a way to get in touch.

So as I mentioned above this phase I will be awarding each participant whichever payout schedule gave them a higher reward.  Truly appreciate everyone's help testing. I will get those payouts out as soon as I am done posting this around.  Keep up the great work.

Moin!
- Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
    • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #31

Yes folks it is I Jookly back with another fortnightly update.  Where I tell you everything I can think of that happened in the MOIN world within the last two weeks.  Let's get to it!

Moin Movement League

Currently the best kept secret in crypto  ;) .  A BIG thanks to everyone participating so far.  Activity was up again this phase and the competition is looking good.  We also had a few new registrations.  There have also been some updates to the website and tasks during this phase. 

Here are some adjustments that were made such as changing the points awarded for certain events and adding additional events. Things are changing fast so my apologies if I neglect to mention some change.
    • Verifying social media accounts reduced from 25 to 10 points
    • New Twitter tags, #Bemoin and #moinmovement
    • Tweet award reduced to 7 per tweet,1 every 24 hours (can get one award for each tag within that time)
    • New event type retweet , 8 points, 2 available every 24 hours
    • If retweets parent is part of the league then award original author bonus
    • Points for reddit post reduced from 25 to 15 points
    • New event type reddit comment , 8 points, 2 available every 24 hours
    • Similar bonus system to tweets and retweets, original author can gain points for comments
    • Activity in discord room #movementleague is now rewarded

I think this phase we can actually go straight off the outcome of the scores.  Cool!  I will go send out the MOIN after I am done posting this around.

Come Hang Out Or Get Help

As always feel free to stop by any of our communication channels if you need any assistance with the MOIN wallet, have an idea, or just want to hang out, http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

- Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #32

What is up Moinarinos, hope you are all doing well out there.  Two weeks ago was the last fortnightly update.  Two weeks is a fortnight.  Well you can see where I am going with this.... ITS THE MOIN FORTNIGHTLY UPDATE!

Moin Movement League Phase 4

It wouldnt be a REAL Moin fortnightly update unless I start it out with the Moin Movement League portion now would it.  This week the competition was fierce as usual, a big thanks to everyone involved.  Many participants have been doing a great job reporting issues they are experiencing and just generally troubleshooting. I think everyone has been pretty happy with the payouts and I went ahead and sent the ones for Phase 4 before beginning on this write up.  The phases just continue one after another so Phase 5 has already begun. This is a really great time to participate in the moin movement league, you can even get a nice stakeable size stack of MOIN just by participating for a couple phases.

I don't have a giant list of changes this phase but have been plugging away at what I guess we can call version two of the front end.  It is going to look a lot better but instead of tease you I will just get it done and show you in a few days.

We Want More Info!!

People ask me all the time for some more information about what is going on with MOIN.  I tell everything I know every two weeks in this update and for quite some time all the content has been around the movement league.  So I have struggled in a way on how to report on this lack of updates.  I don't want every update to include some sort of apology for there being no further info but I also want to address it occasionally. Hence this paragraph. :)

Don't Be Shy.... Come Say Hi!

If you swing by one of our chat rooms someone is usually pretty quick to answer questions so that is a great place to get in touch or you can also use our social media options on reddit and facebook.  Full options @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Stay Hydrated!
     - Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #33

Mic check mic check, one two one two, Jookly in the house with the fortnightly update.

King Caper Returns!  Input Needed!

For any Moiniac with half an attention this weeks big MOIN news is the return of our dev KingCaper.  If you missed the post you can see it @ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876 .  The post outlines three options for MOIN moving forward.  You can leave your input across any MOIN community communication channels http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and it will be heard. 

Moin Movement League Phase 5

This phase saw a big update to the moinmovement.net website.  This is probably version 2 to be honest.  It has a full new front end and a bunch of back end changes as well.  We even have page refresh and logout technology now, amazing I know....  Participation has been steady but not increasing over this period which is perfectly ok, there is lots of details to get right still so when the group that is participating is larger, everything moves forward smoothly.  If you find any problems with the site, or are just interested in helping build a really awesome website related to a cryptocurrency, or if you want to help support MOIN, or if you just want some MOIN in exchange for some social media activity, check it out, your feedback is always appreciated.

Reminder About Being Smart With Exchanges And Trading

Please be careful and smart out there folks.  Before you buy anything from any exchange EVER verify that the item you are buying is exactly what you think it is and that you can do with it what you want to be able to, such as sending/recieving.  Also, never take pricing data for granted, always double check primary sources and make efforts to understand reality of a situation before making decisions. I am asked to make this type of reminder due to the high price volatility reported for MOIN recently on coinmarketcap.  One contribution to this is that c-cex does not allow people to sign up. This prevents arbitrage which means the price there is largely irrelevant as the spread between it and other MOIN exchanges has no way of correcting any pricing imbalance.

Come Hang Out!

Want to help out with MOIN? Need some advice on your homework?  Looking for a fake telegram girlfriend?  We have all of that covered and more if you swing by one of our MOIN community channels,  Full options @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

MOIN!
     - Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #34

Here we are together. Update 34. Nice.  Let's just take a moment for a deep breath, enjoy a moment of pause...

Ok on to the update juice!

Option Number Two Looking Strong

Taking a look at the feedback and the poll on the bitcointalk thread it seems that option 2, which is to clone PART's codebase and swap MOIN to that new blockchain, has the most support.  If you missed the post with the options you can see it @ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876 .  You can leave your input across any MOIN community communication channels http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .  An final decision has not totally been made in this but it would seem we are on path for option 2.

Moin Movement League Phase 6

Phase 6 has concluded and I'm happy to announce that it saw the highest number of individual addresses participating thus far.  That number is 14.  Thanks to everyone who participates, if you aren't signed up yet you are never too late.  Head over to https://www.reddit.com/r/Moin/comments/96kaun/moinmovementnet_setup_guide_and_faq/ to check out payur's excellent description of how to register if you get confused.  Payouts for phase 6 will be sent once im done posting this update around.

Updated Moin Movement League Logo

Axlht has been kind enough to be working out a more elaborate and cool looking logo for our Moin Movement League.  I am proud to present to you the next iteration in that design.

Pretty sweet right?  He plans on making a more colorful or textured version but for now we figured this was a big enough improvement to share and put at the top of the moinmovement.net website.  Just one more step in the creation of this amazing community project.

Are You Moin Yet?

Do you find yourself wanting to connect with other people interested in MOIN?  We have several different communication channels you can connect with the community through and they are listed @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Until next time-
     - Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #35

Another two weeks already! Wow! Fall is just around the corner now.  Best wishes to everyone experiencing harsh weather on various parts of the globe.

I present for your consideration, update number 35.

Progress Forking PART Code

I am happy to report that KingCaper has been making progress with forking the PART codebase.  This is just one step in the most likely long overall process which will become the swap.  Certainly a lot more work to done across this process but there were many updates were I was not able to report this type of activity.  It is good to be moving.  Walk before you run.  Third generic encouragement line! :)

Moin Movement League Phase 7

If you don't know yet, you might soon.  That is the feeling I get about the moin movement right now.  Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/Moin/comments/96kaun/moinmovementnet_setup_guide_and_faq/ if you need some basics.  Phase 7 saw another all time high in participation, both in number of users as well as overall social media activity.  Generally the website development is going well too.  I have been working towards introducing "contests", which should add a nice new element to the game.  Not much has actually changed on the website this week though.  I did notice one thing, which is that if a person has a private Twitter account the API does not have access to retrieve their tweets.  Something to keep in mind if you notice your tweets not getting counted.

Price Widget Teaser

Animation credits go to coffemaker for this improvement to the Moin price widget.

Severus is working on updating the existing price widget script to include this animation.  I just thought I'd share  little teaser of it in this update.

The Moindustrial Revolution

I want to give a special shout out to everyone out there creating original content for MOIN.  As some of you know this is a totally grass roots crypto currency project.  What will happen with MOIN is not up to any individual and everyone's influence is greatly felt and appreciated.  If you think you want to help or just feel like saying hello we have several different communication channels you can connect with the community through and they are listed @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

moin moin -
     - Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #36

Yadayadatyada! Fresh update sliding into your consciousness. Straight from the world MOIN headquarters, to the hearts and minds of Moiners everywhere.  <3

It's update number 36 dontyaknow?!

Wallet Work Status

KingCaper successfully compiled the daemon and QT Wallet which will eventually become the base of our new PART codebase.  Still need to generate a new genesis block, MOINify the interface for the wallet.  Also still lots of planning steps to do and discussion to be had to nail down all the specifics of what we as a community would like to see happen through this upcoming process. More info in next section.

Discuss The Swap

It's a good time to talk about brainstorm and pick apart ideas you might have related to the swap.  This is OUR swap as a community so it is up to US to decide what we really want to do.  Don't be afraid of letting your ideas out.  How would you like to see the swap be handled in relation to our relationship we can have with the PART community?  Any creative ideas on how to increase interconnect among projects and communities.  I've seen suggestion of something like airdropping some MOIN to PART holders.  Get in to our social media channels and discuss whatever comes to mind.

Moin Movement League Phase 8

Going to keep the Moin Movement league update brief.  It's a little business as usual this round as in no real cool new features that I can show yet.  I have been still chipping away at the "Contest" module for the website. I think it will be fun to play with eventually.  Of course I will keep you up to date with my progress on that.  And I will be sending out the phase 8 rewards after I make this post.

Keep on Keepin

We are still a small community with a lot of potential.  It's really cool to have a group hanging out around MOIN, in the chats and whatnot, that is a legit pleasure to interact with.  I really encourage you to come and say hi.  Your new favorite chat room is just a few clicks away....   http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Have a good phase!
     - Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #37

Ummmmm where am i? How did I get here?  Did anyone feed the cat?  It's ok. If you are wondering these things you may or may not be ready for Fortnightly Update #37.

A Sort Of Swap Summary

I would like to try and clarify some specifics about the eventual swap and where the team has made it in the process. What we would like to do eventually is fork (ie. clone) the current PART code base and start a new chain from block zero.  We would then like to give people the opportunity to convert their MOIN over to the new chain at some ratio.  In regards to the specific ratio it is currently undecided. Be sure to leave your input and discuss.  In terms of additional progress this fortnight we have begun construction of the eventual swap website and we have also begun gathering information for and contacting exchanges to make them aware of the upcoming plans. If you think you have what it takes to help hit up our communication channels @  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Moin Movement League Phase 9

Another really successful phase in my opinion. moinmovement.net is something I am building in my spare time and sometimes I definitely doubt myself. Why spend so much time on this?  What is it even for?  Well the answer this week for me is there is a lot to learn and explore in regards to creating software for a very specific community.  I really love the feedback I get from people about this website.  I will be sending out this phase's payouts after posting.

Say Hi!

Just chill, come say hi. The future belongs to people that can understand the influence they are able to impart on the world. Things always start small.
    http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Your intergalactic pal
     - Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #38

Hello out there MOIN family and friends.  My name is Jookly.  You have found the MOIN fortnightlight update 38.  How nice.  The goal with these is to just simply summarize a bit of what occurred within the world of MOIN in the last two week period.  In general the MOIN networks main goals and efforts have been focused on organizing and progressing the swap, let's take a look at that and anything else that pops up.  (No ads though)

Whats Poppin' With The Swap Son?

The collaboration is real.  KingCaper is doing things related to actually preparing the "new" chain.  He posts tables with lots of numbers on them, if you want to get on that level talk to him I'm sure he would love to hear from you.  Simultaneously others are preparing logistics that will be required to actually accomplish this swap.  Think of a big check list related to who needs to be contacted, what needs to be done, leading up to during and after the swap.  One objective that is also seeing specific progress this week is what will eventually become the swap website, big shout out the Severus on his work there.

Moin Movement League Phase 10

Numbers are cool.  Lot's of reasons that is true but what is on my mind right now is that we just completed Moin Movement League Phase 10... Whoa.  That means we have given out 15,000 MOIN over the last 20 weeks.  There are 23 Twitter accounts being tracked for activity.  Fun fact: this phase getting 49 points resulted in 49 MOIN.

The competition was fierce as usual on the mean MOIN movement league streets. Payouts have been sent and phase 11 is on!

Press The Buttons

Hi, reader its me the year 1996 im here to tell you about chat rooms.  All you have to do is go to http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and choose the one that suits you best.  Operators are standing by to take your call!

Yours In Movement
     - Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #39

Moin! That is a nice way of saying hello,or good morning or hey whats up.  Can you kind of hear the positivity as it rolls of your lips? Moin... Moin.! Moin!!!

3 Years? Whaaaaaat?

Yes its true.  You saw it on ever major news channel in the world this week we are celebrating the three year anniversary of Moin.  Windows tinted to the max cruising deep high for like 3 days.  That's a polite way of saying our chain is 3 years old. Nobody wants to talk about Moin so we dont need to go much deeper yet. 3 years. OK. Keep it rollin.  All my real friends are already staking.

Moin Movement League Phase 11

Earn.. Free.. Moin..  https://www.moinmovement.net to learn more! Its that simple. We want to make it so people can always earn MOIN.  Try out the system. Give feedback. Go!

Hey! Come Be Friends!

This is the section where i tell you to check out  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html , it is a list of ways to contact people who are involved with moin. If you are a person that wants some direct info about the project this is where you go.

Flowing
     - Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #40

Hey there MOIN world!  Yep it is me Jookly back yet again for a fortnightly update.  It has been a fairly quiet week with a lot of people enjoying family time and good food. It is really starting to feel festive!  Well ok let's load this update plate full of MOIN and dig in!

Moin Movement League Phase 12

Another successful phase.  I sent out the payouts before I started working on this update.  A big thanks as usual to all the participants and testers.  I'm still really excited about making the league better, it's been a slow process but its also enjoyable to work on and continue to learn.  Always looking for feedback and ideas so hit me up in the MOIN chat about anything relate to the Moin Movement League.

C-Cex Exchange Announced MOIN Delisting
    MOIN is going to be delisted from C-Cex.  According to them it will be no longer listed as of December 1st. It's for the best, they've been arbitrarily locking customer accounts for some time now. If you have any MOIN on there you have until the 1st of December to withdraw them. If you have some over there make sure you withdraw.

Be MOIN!
    If you have any ideas or feedback regarding MOIN or would simply like to hang out and chat there are several different ways to get in touch with other people interested in MOIN.  We have those methods listed at  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .  Hop in and say hello!

TTFN-
     - Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #41

Hello out there everyone.  Another two weeks already.  Coming up on the new year! I hope you are well wherever this note finds you. Time for a quick check in with the big wigs at MOIN hq.

Moin Movement League Phase 13

Phase 13 went well as usual.  In the moinmovement chat on discord we talked a bit this phase about how to adjust the parameters based on our current rules creating a lot of twitter spam.  If you have some suggestions be sure to drop into the chat and be part of the discussion.  Ideas are welcome!  I sent out the MOIN for phase 13 just a little earlier this evening so you should have it in your wallet by now.

Have A Great Two Weeks!
    Certainly a short update but I will of course be back in another two weeks.  Stay warm and if you have a chance swing by one of our communication channels listed at  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .

Until Next Time-
     - Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #42

Update number 42!  Cool!  I'm in the group of people that can't see that number without thinking of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.  So what is up.  We got the new year coming around the corner. Dip your ear nuggets in some of the MOIN sauce and take a bite.

Moin Movement League Phase 14

Phase 14 saw a large overhaul on the layout of the site. Big shout out to Robust for his design additions.  So far the feedback has been positive.  It was time for a switch up visually and also as the site's features and the way it is used become more clear so does the ways to best organize it.  I have a lot of ideas on how to continue improving the league and we will get to them step by step!

Swap Website Progress

The swap website crew (Severus and I) made a little progress at the beginning of this phase.  Essentially getting to the point of a login demo.  Before we really get going on the swap we need to have a nice smooth platform in place.  We have been trying to divide the work into front end and back end parts. I enjoy it and I like working with Severus.  As with a lot of passion and spare time work it can be slow but I really am excited with each bit of progress.

I got something to ask you
    But not here.  Come join us through one of our communication options to say hi and find out whats up @  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Moin-
     - Jookly

Jookly

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Fortnightly Sunday Update #43

What up moinamaniacs. It's your big bro Jooks comin' through with the update as usual.  Not surprised... but glad.  Let's get to it then.

Moin Movement League Phase 15

Awesome phase everyone.  There have definitly been some subtle updates this phase as well.  Mostly based around things on the backed which were not functioning properly.  So that's cool. Of course I also sent out this phase's bounties.  Let's keep it rollin'.

Moin Patches
    So dope..... Rumbles had some really nice looking iron on MOIN patches made up. 

If you want one or two hit him up on our chat channels.  Excellent initiative Rumbles. Thank you.

Bro pass that MOIN
    MOIN is a small crypto community so if you want to join it is actually really easy all you have to do is go to  http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and pick a communication method you are comfortable with.  We hope to see you soon :)

Until next time
    -Jookly

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services