click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: How to avoid ICO scams?  (Read 907 times)

daviddaniels

• Novice
    • View Profile
How to avoid ICO scams?
« on: July 16, 2018, 11:52:48 AM »
ICOs are the source of major mass online frauds. So, I think people should know what things to look out if you are investing in an ICO. The major thing is the KYC/AML compliances. If an ICO is compliant by that it is safe to invest. I would like to know other methods of security while purchasing ICOs.

AlexHales

• View Profile
    • Website
Re: How to avoid ICO scams?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »
You just need to use common sense, as most ICOs which are scam usually look that way as well, so not exactly a huge difficulty to figure it out. Another formula we could be using is to keep on with market news and updates, it’s where I am pretty safe and easy having AsiaCryptoToday as the way for complete coverage, which really makes the job incredibly EASIER! I highly prefer it and keep me with complete update!

daviddaniels

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 02:29:37 PM »
I think that is a good approach but scammers are always connected to some news outlets as well and news outlets are not responsible for any kind of scams

Winner

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 03:52:28 PM »
it's extremely hard to identify scammers... The best way is to analyze plans, information on website, mentions in the press etc.

I think that is a good approach but scammers are always connected to some news outlets as well and news outlets are not responsible for any kind of scams
In such case pay attention to media outlets' articles. If they have mark "sponsored" or "pr", it means that it was published at a fee (so, it may be untrustful).

Joankii

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 11:28:29 AM »
And make no mistake there is also ico who uses kyc is a scammer, which obviously hard to guess it

.FX..BOX.

▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
███                                    ███
███                          ▄██▄      ███
███                         ▄█████▄    ███
███   ▄▄                   ▄████████▄  ███
███  ▄███▄                █████▀██████▄███
███ ███████▄             █████▀  ▀████████
█████████████▄         ▄█████      ▀██████
███████▀▀██████▄      ▄█████         ▀████
██████    ▀██████▄   ██████            ▀██
█████       ▀██████▄██████             ▄
███▀          ▀██████████              ██▄
██▀             ▀▀█████▀               ███
█▀                 ▀██▀                ███
▀ ▄                  ▀                 ███
▄██                                    ███
▀████████████████████████████████████████▀

INVESTING, TRADING,
LOTTERY, MARKET
PREDICTIONS.

▄▄███
        ▄▄▄██▀████
  ▄▄▄█████▀ ▄█████
▀█████▀▀ ▄███████
       ▄█████████
       ██▀██████
       ▀    ▀▀█▀

██▀▀█▄       ▄█▀
 ▀█▄ ▀█▄   ▄█▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█▄█▀
     ▀█  █▄
    ▄█▀█▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄ ▀█▄
▄█▀       ▀█▄▄██

GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
CURRENCY TRADING  ◼  DEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  GAMEFI
               │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

.FOREX..TRADING FROM $1.

.READ MORE.

ViktoriaM

• Garden Hero
  • Novice
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smileexpo.ru/en/
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 11:53:29 AM »
One of the main rules - do not trust what is written on your site project. Check everything yourself!
Do not forget that from the idea to its implementation - not one step, and to come up with a product - does not mean to create it. Very often, startups "burn out" when faced with unforeseen problems. Someone becomes bankrupt after the implementation of their start-up, and someone does not take up the implementation at all.

Cryptassist_India

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Cryptassist
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 07:38:40 AM »
And make no mistake there is also ico who uses kyc is a scammer, which obviously hard to guess it
True! But one needs to stay updated with other investors too who are investing. Join the ICO specific groups and keep in touch with the creators and advisors. If it's a fraud, I'm sure there won't be much activity and even the organizers would be hesitant. KYC, no doubt plays an  important role. Research is very important before investing in any ICO. Taking suggestions from the experts would be helpful.

gian.noahcoin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 06:35:33 AM »
ICOs are the source of major mass online frauds. So, I think people should know what things to look out if you are investing in an ICO. The major thing is the KYC/AML compliances. If an ICO is compliant by that it is safe to invest. I would like to know other methods of security while purchasing ICOs.

Check this very helpful guide from NOAH Coin. They made an infographic on How to Spot Cryptocurrency Scams. https://noahcoin.org/blog/how-to-spot-fake-cryptocurrency-infographic/

garyreese

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 01:01:38 PM »

Create STOs or secure tokens to avoid falling for ICO scam projects. Security Token Offering is a new trending technology in cryptocurrency world.

The secure token offering or STO is gaining popularity in the cryptocurrency market. The STOs help in liquefying illiquid assets and valuing it through SEC and federal regulations. This offers a sense of security over investors. STOs define the cryptocurrencies and the ease of liquefied assets.

pwt22

• Relictum Pro Project
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 07:37:28 AM »
There is a long list of requires, for example you should learn each team member. But if you don't understand how it works, you shouldn't even try to invest in ICO.
                 ▄▄
              ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
▓▓▓   ▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀   ▀▓▓▓
▓▓▓▄       ▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀         ▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▓▓   ▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
  ▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
      ▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
              ▀█▓▓▓▓█▀

Relictum Pro
|Blockchain 5.0 | Decentralized Ledger Technology                                                    /Whitepaper/  |  /Yellowpaper/  |  /ANN/
/Global platform covering all the aspects of human life in a distributed registry/

fulled

• Your Future Lawyer
  • Garden Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 09:23:23 AM »
Check the rating, check the target cap, check the team, if they already attend on some events i think the chance to them to scammed us is very low

Mao99

• Investing in the future development of blockchain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 11:06:55 AM »
This is the question of many people including me, when investing in an ico, everyone wants it to be a good ico

ComeBack

• Garden Hero
  • Community Moderator | Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 12:39:32 PM »
For me we / you can avoid those scammed ICO's if you're going to make some research and know a lot of details about the project that you're in.
Earn monthly by using app/browser while surfing your favorite social media sites!
https://brave.com/com843

Message me for the guide

fulled

• Your Future Lawyer
  • Garden Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 02:03:59 PM »
For me we / you can avoid those scammed ICO's if you're going to make some research and know a lot of details about the project that you're in.
After enough research the only one problem is ico it self, can the project pass the mininum cap or not, ive seen many good project fail to reach minimum cup, and the project discontinue :(

korangtedung

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 02:35:50 PM »

You have to really see the details of the project that you are following, especially the projects whose sales are quite promising

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services