click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: [ANN][COF] CoffeeCoin: Blockchain Efficiency For The Specialty Coffee Trade  (Read 4155 times)

javanomad

• Novice
    • View Profile

Token Sale Signup & Details Available At:

Summary:

CoffeeCoin is a Waves-based token which works as the “fuel” for CoffeeChain.io - our online trading platform for the global specialty coffee market.

As of Oct. 16, 2017 our functioning prototype of CoffeeChain is live and using CoffeeCoin as the utility token for transmitting and preserving our platform's data on the blockchain.

Using the peer-to-peer decentralized ledger features of the Waves blockchain technology, CoffeeCoin tokens allow us to create functions within our platform that reduce and eliminate many of the current economic, administrative and logistical inefficiencies in the specialty coffee trade, thereby increasing value and profits throughout the supply chain.

The demand for our platform's tools and services creates the value of the CoffeeCoin token itself because it serves as both the digital currency and the distributed ledger token that powers the CoffeeChain platform.

Market:

The specialty coffee supply chain consists of producers (farmers, cooperatives), traders (importers and exporters), coffee roasters, retailers and consumers around the world.

Definition: Specialty Coffee, also known as gourmet or premium coffee, is made of high quality coffee beans, grown under ideal conditions, in climates perfectly suited to coffee plant growing. It features unique and distinctive tastes that usually reflect the qualities and characteristics of the soil and region that produces it.

Specialty coffees are also partially defined by their existence not as commercial coffees. Specialty coffee producers are committed to offering quality, taste selection, and freshness that is not seen in commercial coffee manufacture.

Specialty coffee is a massive and growing sector of the world coffee market:

The retail value of the U.S. coffee market is estimated to be $48 billion dollars with specialty comprising approximately 55% value share.

In the U.K., the specialty green coffee market is estimated at 7,020 tons, with a 13 percent growth rate that would bring the 2020 total up to 12,940 tons. The UK specialty green coffee market has an estimated annual value of €40 million, with a 15 percent growth forecast that would double that number by 2020.

Globally, after crude oil, coffee is the most sought after commodity in the world. The coffee bean trade is estimated to be worth over $100 billion worldwide.

Experts estimate that specialty coffee has already reached 10% of world coffee consumption.

How CoffeeCoin Adds Value:

• CoffeeCoin works as a "single currency" for instant transactions - which removes the issues and loss of value in the global specialty coffee supply chain due to the current use of multiple currencies and exchange fees. It can be traded easily and freely on the Waves Decentralized Exchange (DEX). This means for example, a producer in Indonesia can sell his coffee directly to a buyer in America without going through the traditional system requiring banks, loans and middlemen. The producer receives a better price for his coffee, the buyer receives a direct-trade high quality specialty coffee.
  • As a digital asset on the waves blockchain, CoffeeCoin is able to carry indestructible, verifiable data. This means it can be used for coffee contracts, pricing quotes, origin details and verification, shipment tracking and more. This can reduce or even eliminate the need for the multiple communications via fax, phone and email that are standard in the industry now.
  • Farmers and roasters can use CoffeeCoin to crowdfund sales and purchases of specialty coffee lots - so they don't have to rely as heavily on loans and middlemen to keep their businesses and families afloat. This raises the value of the coffee for farmers, keeps both the farmers and roasters out of debt and increases business for the importers and exporters as they are still needed to help with the shipping logistics and customs paperwork for the coffee from source to roaster.
  • Small-batch roasters will now have access to micro-lots of specialty-grade beans more directly from those willing to offer them. This opens up the door to thousands of boutique roasters who previously had limited access to smaller volumes of specialty grade beans. It also offers coffee farmers and cooperatives more opportunities to sell their best beans at a higher premium.

All of these steps are currently very slow and in the dark ages in the coffee trade now. Most of this is still done via via fax and phone, requires a ton of real-paper paperwork, middlemen, centralized choke points and are prone to errors.

Now, all of these issues can be handled, streamlined and improved using the available functions of digital tokens issued on the Waves blockchain.

CoffeeChain.io uses the CoffeeCoin digital token built on the Waves blockchain to reduce and eliminate these inefficiencies in the global specialty coffee trade adding massive value across the entire supply chain.

Opportunity:

Since buying and selling coffee and advertising on our CoffeeChain platform will all require CoffeeCoin tokens – tokens will need to be purchased by our users. Purchasing will be available directly through the in-app wallet which will be integrated with the Waves Decentralized Exchange.

To fund the development and launch of CoffeeChain, we are holding a utility token sale for CoffeeCoin, the Waves-based utility token that powers CoffeeChain.io.

During the utility token sale, participants will have the opportunity to trade Waves, Ethereum and Bitcoin for CoffeeCoins.

Coffee Coin Distribution

There will be a fixed number of 40,000,000 (forty-million) CoffeeCoins created. Each CoffeeCoin will nominally represent 1 kilogram of green arabica coffee. Forty million kilograms represents a 10% approximation of the monthly global export of green Arabica coffee – the current approximation of the specialty sector. This will allow for enough tokens to run our online trading platform, provide liquidity and to scale for future growth.

Total Number Of Coffee Coins: 40,000,000 (Forty Million) Non-Reissuable.
Platform: Waves Blockchain

80% to be sold via token sales as follows:

2% were distributed for pre-sale: 800,000 CoffeeCoins

78% will be available for utility token sale on Nov. 14 - 24, 2017: 31,200,000 CoffeeCoins

10% will be reserved for promotions: 4,000,000 CoffeeCoins

10% will be reserved by CoffeeCoin.io: 4,000,000 CoffeeCoins

James Allen – Founder

Currently based in Penang, Malaysia, James has been involved in the worlds of coffee and blockchain tech since 2013 when he launched the Roast Station Project from Bali, Indonesia.

As the first person to sell source-roasted coffee for bitcoin to coffee lovers around the world, James has been passionate about using technology to improve the lives of coffee farmers while increasing coffee quality for consumers.

To this end, over the past four years James has spent time on coffee farms throughout Indonesia, Thailand and Costa Rica and met and worked with farmers, traders, roasters and cafe owners in eight different countries.

With CoffeeCoin, James is prepared to bring coffee and blockchain together again to launch a first of its kind specialty coffee trading platform benefiting the entire chain from farm to cup.

Whitepaper & Token Sale Signup At:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 11:07:38 AM by javanomad »

secco

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Garden
  • Bitcoin Garden: CoffeeCoin.io Token Sale Brings Blockchain Efficiency To The Specialty Coffee Trade On November 14
    https://bitcoingarden.org/coffeecoin-io-token-sale-brings-blockchain-efficiency-specialty-coffee-trade-november-14/

The creators of CoffeeCoin – the verified Waves utility token for the specialty coffee trade – will be holding their token sale from November 14 until November 24, 2017 in order to continue developing their blockchain-powered coffee trading platform.

According to founder James Allen, CoffeeCoin is already being used as the utility token for the first version of their platform.

“Thanks to a successful limited pre-sale in July, we were able to build our first working prototype,” says Allen. “As of October 16, 2017 coffee professionals can already post buy, sell and service offers via the blockchain using CoffeeCoin as the underlying fuel for CoffeeChain.io”...
    Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden

javanomad

• Novice
      • View Profile

javanomad

• Novice
      • View Profile

javanomad

• Novice
      • View Profile

javanomad

• Novice
      • View Profile
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:59:05 PM by javanomad »

jungleonion

• View Profile
    I'm pretty excited for CoffeeCoin. I live in Guatemala and here specialty Coffee is everywhere. All the opportunities that this coin will bring to coffee farmers will be huge.

I got some COF airdropped from holding OCL in my waves wallet. That was pretty awesome at least I already have some to hold :)

javanomad

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Guatemalan coffees are amazing! Thanks so much for your support. Glad you enjoyed the COF airdrop to $OCL holders - Oceanlab has been a great help in developing our blockchain coffee trading platform prototype.

- James

I'm pretty excited for CoffeeCoin. I live in Guatemala and here specialty Coffee is everywhere. All the opportunities that this coin will bring to coffee farmers will be huge.

I got some COF airdropped from holding OCL in my waves wallet. That was pretty awesome at least I already have some to hold :)

javanomad

• Novice
      • View Profile

secco

• Administrator
    • Legendary
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Garden
  • Bitcoin Garden: CoffeeCoin Token Sale Raises Over 4,375 Waves in First 48 Hours
    https://bitcoingarden.org/coffeecoin-token-sale-raises-4375-waves-first-48-hours/

Specialty coffee project CoffeeCoin.io has already raised over 4,375 Waves in just the first two days of its ten-day token sale.

The project is using its Waves-based CoffeeCoin as a utility token for its blockchain-powered coffee trading platform and tools.

According to founder James Allen, the high participation rate during the first 48 hours means the sale is off to a very positive start.

“This influx of participants at the very beginning of the token sale says to me people see the value in what we are doing – and are willing to support it,” says Allen. “We’re very grateful to all those who came aboard early and are looking forward to the final tally.”
    Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden

javanomad

• Novice
      • View Profile

jungleonion

• View Profile
    Guatemalan coffees are amazing! Thanks so much for your support. Glad you enjoyed the COF airdrop to $OCL holders - Oceanlab has been a great help in developing our blockchain coffee trading platform prototype.

- James

Both companies are showing solid progress and objectives, I'm glad you guys are partnered!

karasurizero

• View Profile
    I know that coffee is not a very profitable business, so it's a strange choice for cryptocurrency too. btw good luck idea is good

javanomad

• Novice
      • View Profile
    Coffee is very profitable for those in the middle and receiving end of the supply chain - the importers, exporters, roasters and retailers. It is not nearly as profitable for producers and farmers as it could be - in fact, many coffee producers live in a state of perpetual debt. By adapting blockchain tech to the industry to streamline logistics and payments we can improve value at both ends.

Here's a more detailed description of how this technology will help.

Thank you for your interest in our CoffeeCoin project!

- James

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services