click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: Don't get scammed selling a domain name!  (Read 1174 times)

SatoshiServices.im

• View Profile
    • www.satoshiservices.im
Don't get scammed selling a domain name!
« on: November 25, 2014, 02:37:59 PM »
Hi All,

I received an email from "[email protected]" who showed an interest in buying 1 of my domains. I was sceptical from the outset, simply because of the email address, but I thought I'd proceed cautiously anyway.

He seemed very knowledgeable and his English was very good, as is rarely the case in scam emails. In this exchange, he went by the name of Anthony Scott of Cloud VP Hosting and asked for confirmation of ownership etc. He then goes on to say that all is fine an he wants to proceed with the purchase, however, and here's the sting, he needs an independent certification certificate verifying certain details. I pointed out that all the info he requires was available publically, as in trade mark registers, whois.com etc. etc., but he won't complete the purchase without the Cert!

I had a look at the site "http://dn-tools.domain-certificates.com/certification.htm", and funnily enough, you can actually click all the way through to the payment screen without actually having provided any details, not one!

Needless to say, there was no transaction, however I can see how some may actually fall for this.

Just thought I would let you all know.

Cheers,

SatoshiServices.im

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services