click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: In 10 years, you will wish you invested in cryptocurrency  (Read 790 times)

DenisHayes89

• Novice
    • View Profile
In 10 years, you will wish you invested in cryptocurrency
« on: July 01, 2017, 09:14:54 AM »
Why Bitcoin Is Better Than Any Other Commodity

Why would someone looking for an alternative to government-issued currency not buy gold instead?

There are a few reasons. First, gold isn't very fungible -- that is, it isn't easy to use as a replacement for cash in order to buy goods or services. Secondly, it isn't very portable. Gold is heavy, even in small amounts.

But there are issues with safety and anonymity too. Gold is only truly secure when it's locked away, preventing the owner from easily using it. On the other hand, you could easily carry millions of Bitcoin on a thumb drive with nobody the wiser.

But that doesn't mean Bitcoin is intangible. In many ways, Bitcoin is just as tangible as gold. The cryptocurrency was created from unchangeable mathematical rules. And backing that math up is "triple entry" bookkeeping that retains debits and credits while adding simultaneous verifications for each transaction recorded by the blockchain.

This makes Bitcoin safer and easier to use than gold.

But Cryptocurrencies Are Still Speculative

While millions of profits will be generated on cryptocurrencies, investors must treat them as speculative investments. It's important to remember that a little bit of money goes a long way here.

While I don't agree with analysts who believe Bitcoin is going to $250,000 or the incredulous $500,000 by 2025, the odds of Bitcoin going to, say, $15,000 are very real. That makes it well worth taking on some risk in a speculative environment.

After all, if you have any hope of spending you leisure time doing things not yet invented, you're going to need some money on a thumb drive.

Source: Nasdaq

WarrenBarren

• View Profile
Re: In 10 years, you will wish you invested in cryptocurrency
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 11:38:39 PM »
Over the years, if it’s through experience or anything else, I have learned one thing. You NEVER need to wish for anything like that. I can say it with confidence that in 10 years times, I MIGHT wish that I had invested on Bitcoin or Crypto Currencies in general, but I will certainly have the equally good option then, so every DAY is a day of opportunities, it’s just about being good enough to seek out.

bitcoinrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:28:18 PM »
I like your comparison to gold DenisHayes89. Because banks left the gold standard in 1933 the central bank can print as many bills as they like. You can't request gold for your dollar bills or other fiat currencies.

I think this guide about bitcoin and money https://cryptorunner.com/what-is-bitcoin/ explains everything good. They talk about what money is and how everything started with metals like gold and silver and all the advantages with cryptocurrencies as you talk about.

Another thing discussed is if bitcoin is a currency at all. The guide says that a currency needs to have three distinct features;

1. It should act as a means of payment.
2. It should act as a counting unit.
3. It should preserve the value.

I think it's obvious that bitcoin is a currency. The first global currency in the world! Good bye gold.

sammy_770

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 07:28:25 AM »
Many already regretted not investing btc. Am included Though

FuccimnonSamuel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 08:25:27 AM »
Can anyone tell me the number of btc and eth the feds got from btc-e.com ?

FuccimnonSamuel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 08:27:32 AM »
I like your comparison to gold DenisHayes89. Because banks left the gold standard in 1933 the central bank can print as many bills as they like. You can't request gold for your dollar bills or other fiat currencies.

I think this guide about bitcoin and money https://cryptorunner.com/what-is-bitcoin/ explains everything good. They talk about what money is and how everything started with metals like gold and silver and all the advantages with cryptocurrencies as you talk about.

Another thing discussed is if bitcoin is a currency at all. The guide says that a currency needs to have three distinct features;

I think it's obvious that bitcoin is a currency. The first global currency in the world! Good bye gold.
It's come to stay TheFeds/SEC are not going to win this battle. Stronger community everyday

segovius

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 05:47:15 PM »

It's come to stay TheFeds/SEC are not going to win this battle. Stronger community everyday

Yeah it's kind of the point isn't it?

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services