click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: Why do we value cryptocurrencies?  (Read 585 times)

Kateryna_Oli

• View Profile
Why do we value cryptocurrencies?
« on: June 29, 2017, 09:23:13 PM »
I hold two coins currently, i wish i held more, but i want to get that out there now.
Why do we hold onto these coins? I hold mine because I treat them like stocks, without the ownership. They are a show of good faith towards the developers.
But why do we hold them? Bitcoin has actual value as a store of value. Some other tokens are "fuel". Some other tokens seem to just be, well, tokens. With no value other than supply and demand.
Am i missing something? Did i just miss the day in crypto-school when we all went over whether or not things have an value beyond supply and demand?
Why do you buy or hold any coins? Just wondering.
LuckyToken ICO has already started!

Natalia_Volkova

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Why do we value cryptocurrencies?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 10:17:04 PM »
Today I have read a story about how the Brazilians tried to save their money from the depreciation. Do you know how? They translated their national currency into cryptocurrency. I think now it's clear why we appreciate the cryptocurrency. This is the easiest way to save your money.

Omeluk

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »
I hold two coins currently, i wish i held more, but i want to get that out there now.
Why do we hold onto these coins? I hold mine because I treat them like stocks, without the ownership. They are a show of good faith towards the developers.
But why do we hold them? Bitcoin has actual value as a store of value. Some other tokens are "fuel". Some other tokens seem to just be, well, tokens. With no value other than supply and demand.
Am i missing something? Did i just miss the day in crypto-school when we all went over whether or not things have an value beyond supply and demand?
Why do you buy or hold any coins? Just wondering.

​Cryptocurrency is a new revolutionary type of currency. Like any other currency or unit of account, they only have value because people think it has value. Some currencies are backed by gold or other precious metals; others are backed by nothing but hot air although have value because people think it has value and use it as a unit of exchange.

NanaLelyakova

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 12:13:27 AM »
it's definetly our future
we should care about that

dimadimaivchenko

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 03:23:31 AM »
because people believe that it has value
if people will change their mind everything will end up

vitalino

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 05:57:38 AM »
Because it is a good investment in my future

vikky

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 06:10:29 AM »
Bitcoin demonstrates a stable growth , in annual terms, price growth.
Bitcoin has much more liquidity than any other crypto currency; For the average user.
Financial and political instability can lead to the fact that in some countries, or in the world as a whole, the currency of the currency will become too unreliable to store savings, while bitcoin (along with other stable assets such as gold) will remain a solid way of saving money .
Bitcoin is so far free from that pressure and excess control, which are increasingly poisoning the lives of the owners of fiat money. States try to limit cash circulation as much as possible, and keeping money in a bank means excessive "transparency" of your finances for controlling bodies, high commissions for most banking operations and, in some cases, even a negative interest on a deposit and a cap on the possibility of cashing out the latter.

liliiaolivia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 12:39:07 PM »
I think the key word here is “speculative”. Most altcoins and digital currencies in the market today are not priced from rational fundamentals, but instead by a very simple economic principle - supply and demand. Some assets, like bitcoin, ethereum and others, have capped their supply or algorithmically limited the amount of coins that can be produced. As a result, the price is going up as the demand curve expands relative to the supply.
LuckyToken- Lottery on Blockchain | Crowdsale: 22/01/2018 - 22/02/2018

Kateryna_Oli

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 02:08:23 PM »
I think the key word here is “speculative”. Most altcoins and digital currencies in the market today are not priced from rational fundamentals, but instead by a very simple economic principle - supply and demand. Some assets, like bitcoin, ethereum and others, have capped their supply or algorithmically limited the amount of coins that can be produced. As a result, the price is going up as the demand curve expands relative to the supply.

Thanks! I will study "speculative" side

Kateryna_Oli

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 02:09:39 PM »
Because it is a good investment in my future

Hope for good financial future of everybody there:)

NanaLelyakova

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 10:05:54 PM »
Today I have read a story about how the Brazilians tried to save their money from the depreciation. Do you know how? They translated their national currency into cryptocurrency. I think now it's clear why we appreciate the cryptocurrency. This is the easiest way to save your money.
great example, really

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services