click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: Why is my bitcoin address constantly changing?  (Read 660 times)

vikky

• Novice
    • View Profile
Why is my bitcoin address constantly changing?
« on: June 27, 2017, 09:37:18 PM »
Why is my bitcoin address constantly changing?

alexrose2699

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Why is my bitcoin address constantly changing?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:08:28 PM »
Our wallet is built on an HD (or hierarchical deterministic) framework, which has a different method for address generation and management. Each public address your wallet generates stems from your wallet's xPub (or Extended Public Key).  Once your public address receives an incoming payment, a new address will automatically be generated and display when you click on receive.

If you use the same address each time you receive funds, it becomes easy for anyone to track your entire payment history. This method of address generation improves privacy by automatically presenting you with a new address when you’re expecting payment.

alexnikon911

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 10:40:18 AM »
No idea what you are getting at, but if you have your Bitcoin on an exchange they may often change the deposit address so consider downloading a wallet client to keep your Bitcoin safe.

vikky

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 03:59:49 PM »
Our wallet is built on an HD (or hierarchical deterministic) framework, which has a different method for address generation and management. Each public address your wallet generates stems from your wallet's xPub (or Extended Public Key).  Once your public address receives an incoming payment, a new address will automatically be generated and display when you click on receive.

If you use the same address each time you receive funds, it becomes easy for anyone to track your entire payment history. This method of address generation improves privacy by automatically presenting you with a new address when you’re expecting payment.

Thanks, I do not quite understand this system. I thought the address was assigned and not changed.

katepagava

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 10:04:17 PM »
 In fact, we automatically generate a new address for you after every transaction you make or when funds are moved between your wallet and our cold-storage system. This is done to protect your privacy, so that a third-party can not view all other transactions associated with your account simply by using a blockchain explorer to look-up an address they know to be yours. 

katepagava

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 10:05:00 PM »

Do not worry, it's ok)

Thanks, I do not quite understand this system. I thought the address was assigned and not changed.

JJFlowers5

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 08:55:01 AM »
Yikes.  It should stay the same.

NanaLelyakova

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 02:16:42 AM »
here is no need to be alarmed by this. In fact, we automatically generate a new address for you after every transaction you make or when funds are moved between your wallet and our cold-storage system. This is done to protect your privacy, so that a third-party can not view all other transactions associated with your account simply by using a blockchain explorer to look-up an address they know to be yours. 

All addresses that have been generated for your account will remain associated with your account forever. They are safe to re-use to receive future payments, but for the prior stated reasons, we recommend using a unique address for all transactions. You can view your complete list of wallet addresses at any time here.

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services