click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: Concerns on IoT technology...  (Read 756 times)

simonkev

• Crypto-consultant and cryptopreneur
  • Tokens That Store Virtual Energy
    • View Profile
    • Restart Energy
Concerns on IoT technology...
« on: September 18, 2017, 07:57:05 PM »
Am I the only one concerned about IoT and stuff that is remotely controllable and that doesn't have to be?

secco

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Garden
  • Re: Concerns on IoT technology...
    « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:40:55 PM »
    Am I the only one concerned about IoT and stuff that is remotely controllable and that doesn't have to be?

No, you're not alone. So far I see in IoT more security problems than real benefits...
    Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden

simonkev

• View Profile
      • Restart Energy
    Re: Concerns on IoT technology...
    « Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 10:47:45 PM »
    Same here. I don't want my microphone equipped toaster to be accesible from the internet, nor my video camera showerhead spying on my doughter/wife.
    And if they don't have mic/camera on them, remember that any microwave, electromagnetic radiation emitter & receiver can be converted into a fine obstacle determining device with just some data modulation. They made an experiment in which they detected if a person is home just by accessing the wirless router: they just measured the reflected Wifi signal from the walls and the moving obstacles between tx signals.

Diego_Armando

• Novice
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 09:49:28 PM »
    I think that most of it is to make us more lazy than we already are.

riskthebiscuit

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 10:57:53 PM »

I would say your not the only one concerned but certainly in a minority. When we think about the world and the people in it, most either are lazy and do not

care or they are stupid and cannot understand the problem you are presenting. I see it as a very problematic issue moving forward because where is the

line between privacy and invasion? It seems thin and I dont like it when a government or somebody random can spy in on me for no good reason.

lilkiddie

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »
    There are a lot of benefits to IoT when it becomes widely accepted and used, and a few of those are on this blog (6 Reasons Why the IoT is the Future of Industrial Organizations). And yes, since everything will be connected to a network, the main concern here is security —  I just hope that when the time comes our security takes it up a notch, else we could be invaded without even knowing who the culprit is.

simonkev

• View Profile
      • Restart Energy
    « Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 07:45:23 PM »
    As we have seen, regular people don't care much about security (until they get burned). Still, even Andreas Antonopoulos raised this issue asking "why do I need my washing machine to order washing powder? Or my fridge to order milk?"
    It honestly seems just a techno-fad.

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services