click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: How much to budget for furnishing a house?  (Read 201 times)

JessicaMarshall

• Novice
    • View Profile
How much to budget for furnishing a house?
« on: September 26, 2022, 09:18:37 PM »
Hi everyone! Trying to take my mind off of the doom and gloom of what is going on with a little furniture budgeting. We will be buying a house as soon as this is over with and I am trying to budget for items. I have previously owned a home but bought items very slowly over time and they weren’t of good quality. When I moved back to my moms I sold off 95% of my furniture and now have to start fresh. I have been buying high quality kitchen gadgets over the last two years and hiding them in my closet so I don’t have to worry about it when we move. Should I continue to purchase pieces that are of good quality? Or should I go back to buying IKEA pieces that might not last as long. What was your budget and what did you splurge the most on?

JennaKravitz

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: How much to budget for furnishing a house?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 02:18:38 PM »
As for your question on where to buy stuff- you might want to look into secondhand options. I buy nearly everything from thrift/consignment stores, yard sales, and even FB Marketplace/Craigslist and I genuinely have so much fun doing it (more than I ever would walking around the big-box stores). It also saves me a ton of money, things are generally already assembled, and repurposing/reuse is great for the environment. You can also Check out price busters discount furniture to find cheapest option.

Alsonjecs

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 07:54:26 PM »
Do online research on the various stores' sites first. Most will have the price. When you see a piece in person, check to see how it's assembled. Most faulty furniture is faulty because it's not joined together properly. You want to check to make sure it won't collapse because some idiot just glued some wood together and called it good.

HeavLeighGill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 07:54:30 PM »
I used to buy cheaper furniture, but as I've gotten older, I've leaned more towards paying more money for things that will last. I'd say your budget should take into account how many rooms and what you currently have. I recently went to Rooms to Go and we financed a new couch and bedroom suit for my daughter (one of the fancy princess ones) and our payment is only $70 a month, so not bad at all.

Markeyvius

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 10:58:11 AM »
Howdy! Planning your home decoration budget is where your vision and priorities meet the financial side of renovating a home. It’s time to determine what your actual budget is for furniture. The average person spends just over $8,000 to furnish an apartment, and you can use that number as a baseline. For example, if you're buying a 2,000-square-foot home, you may choose to budget 10% to 50% of the purchase price for furniture. That means a $250,000 home would give you a furniture budget of $25,000 to $125,000.
If you want to save money on buying furniture, you should See Details about the online store 1stopbedrooms in which you can buy a huge variety of furniture at low prices.

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services