click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: Open-access DApp on a permissioned or private Blockchain  (Read 106 times)

indian_blog

• View Profile
Open-access DApp on a permissioned or private Blockchain
« on: August 02, 2022, 04:17:25 PM »
Hello,

I am wondering whether there are two independent layers one has to to keep in mind when developing a DApp. One that defines who can access and validate the Blockchain and one that defines who can access the DApp. Aren't those two completely different and independent? Is it e. g. possible to build an open-access DApp (without verification/entry barriers) on a permissioned/private Blockchain? Is it possible to build a restricted DApp on a permissionless or public Blockchain?

Thanks

gardentalk

• View Profile
Re: Open-access DApp on a permissioned or private Blockchain
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 04:36:53 PM »
What are you trying to achieve actually? like what kind of model of the application/system?

In a permissioned or private blockchain, you are in full control to decide who can modify the blockchain and which user is able to access it. So, if you are making it
"open-access", any user could openly access it, nevertheless, if you design it so, without control/participation of the blockchain/consensus mechanism.

You can also make a restricted app on a public blockchain, take the example of Uniswap or Pancakeswap, they are censoring some token smart contracts, which people who are using their front-end could not access. I think you may be able to do it on the smart contract level.

CryptoboyRamesh

• Legendary
    • View Profile
  • Re: Open-access DApp on a permissioned or private Blockchain
    « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 06:39:31 AM »
    Let's redefine DApp word, which is decentralized applications, which means that no one party controls them, unfortunately what you say Permissioned/permissionless is against the concept of a blockchain, which allows anyone to take open source code and modify it, but then no one will be forced to follow it, just as happens With a hardfork.

So when we talk about validate, you mean the proof of stake and therefore your words are correct. Validate are people who have a large amount of coins and use them to verify the validity of new transactions in exchange for fees you pay them and they will not try to cheat because they will be the biggest losers, but the average user is the one who sends or keeps the coins own

.FX..BOX.

▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
    ███                                    ███
    ███                          ▄██▄      ███
    ███                         ▄█████▄    ███
    ███   ▄▄                   ▄████████▄  ███
    ███  ▄███▄                █████▀██████▄███
    ███ ███████▄             █████▀  ▀████████
    █████████████▄         ▄█████      ▀██████
    ███████▀▀██████▄      ▄█████         ▀████
    ██████    ▀██████▄   ██████            ▀██
    █████       ▀██████▄██████             ▄
    ███▀          ▀██████████              ██▄
    ██▀             ▀▀█████▀               ███
    █▀                 ▀██▀                ███
    ▀ ▄                  ▀                 ███
    ▄██                                    ███
    ▀████████████████████████████████████████▀

INVESTING, TRADING,
    LOTTERY, MARKET
    PREDICTIONS.

▄▄███
            ▄▄▄██▀████
      ▄▄▄█████▀ ▄█████
    ▀█████▀▀ ▄███████
           ▄█████████
           ██▀██████
           ▀    ▀▀█▀

██▀▀█▄       ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀█▄   ▄█▀
       ▀█▄ ▀█▄█▀
         ▀█  █▄
        ▄█▀█▄ ▀█▄
      ▄█▀   ▀█▄ ▀█▄
    ▄█▀       ▀█▄▄██

GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
    CURRENCY TRADING  ◼  DEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  GAMEFI
                   │
         │      ███
         │      ███
        │     ███
    ███  │     ███
    ███ ███ ███ ███
    ███ ███ ███ ███
    ███ ███ ███ ███
    ███ ███ ███ ███
    ███ ███     │
    ███ ███     │
        │

.FOREX..TRADING FROM $1.

.READ MORE.

Review_Master2

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 04:46:59 AM »
    I am not entirely sure if this is even required? I mean it all comes down to what you want to do exactly, because each instance would have a different answer, but if you are 100% sure that it needs to be done, then I do not see why it shouldn't be. People who think that it can't be done are people who haven't seen it get done yet, and people who say it could be done are developers who have developed something that didn't existed before, and then existed after they developed it.

So yeah, you could "theoretically" get this done, it is not going to be pretty, it will take blood and sweat to get this done and a ton of money, and I mean seriously wall street capital funds levels of money because we are talking about something new, and not ready made template.

indianCrypto

• Garden Hero
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 01:12:16 AM »
    An open-access Dapp on a permissioned blockchain? I don't think there is any.

As I have said, it would dismiss the definition itself so that it would be pointless. My main point of it is, that it would be it is theoretically possible.

Just a side note, there is a curated thread where the main topic is about Blockchain. Just in case you are interested to dig further into the subject. Here it is,  Beginners & Help Encyclopedia [UPD: +Electrum Board] : BLOCKCHAIN

indianCrypto

• Garden Hero
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 11:55:42 AM »
    I am not entirely sure if this is even required? I mean it all comes down to what you want to do exactly, because each instance would have a different answer, but if you are 100% sure that it needs to be done, then I do not see why it shouldn't be. People who think that it can't be done are people who haven't seen it get done yet, and people who say it could be done are developers who have developed something that didn't existed before, and then existed after they developed it.

So yeah, you could "theoretically" get this done, it is not going to be pretty, it will take blood and sweat to get this done and a ton of money, and I mean seriously wall street capital funds levels of money because we are talking about something new, and not ready made template.

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services