click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: New Mac, no repair option  (Read 1442 times)

PippaFraser

• View Profile
New Mac, no repair option
« on: January 31, 2022, 03:09:16 PM »
 I followed NI's instructions to move all my instruments to the new computer but when I open NA and click "Installed Products" to repair, there is no repair option. Checked instrument location and it's correct.

Their help page image is not what I see on my system; no products are listed.

rachebuck

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: New Mac, no repair option
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 09:17:16 PM »
Okay, my man

alexbend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 09:17:36 PM »
This happens when there is a failure in the operating system. The first thing you have to do is completely reinstall the operating system on your Mac. If you reencounter a similar error after reinstalling, you need to go to the service, and they will help you there. Usually, if I had some kind of breakdown, I turned to these guys -- https://ifixit4u.co.uk/computer-services/mac-repair/, so try to contact them, at least for a consultation. Although, there is also a factory defect, and if you have such a thing, they will tell you in the service, and you can simply change your Mac to another one.

Medronit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 09:28:26 PM »
Have you solved the issue? Just recently had similar crap happened to me…

rubeelam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 10:01:29 PM »
The Mac Migration Assistant is said to allow choosing what data to transfer to Mac computer, such as: current user's contacts, calendar, and email data, including from Outlook and Live Mail; images; browser bookmarks; iTunes content; system settings (location, desktop background, browser home page); other files and folders (manual selection of files and non-system folders of PC disks is required). With my bad luck, when I was moving my data to my new Mac, all but images were transferred successfully. The issue is that images just disappeared in the transfer process. Have no clue what happened. So, I wander if any system like data recovery may save my life?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 05:41:33 PM by rubeelam »

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services