click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: Possible Compromised Laptop With Seed in Password Manager?  (Read 446 times)

CryptoboyRamesh

• Legendary
    • View Profile
  • Possible Compromised Laptop With Seed in Password Manager?
    « on: December 08, 2021, 04:52:44 PM »
    I have coins stored in a software wallet on my laptop.  The thing is I do have the seed stored in my password manager.  Yes I know people tell me you should never do this in case your computer gets compromised.

My concern now is I clicked on a redirect link when using my laptop earlier.  The thing is that site that I went to... I clicked on it through google, and then it redirected me to a fake site.  I then just closed it but then noticed this was a phishing site.  I didn't enter anything on that site.

My concern is i read this malware I have could be some browser hijack and keylogger etc.  So that means if i log into my password manager on my compromised laptop, they could track everything I typed?  What if your password manager was open at the time?  I do also have my seed written on paper as well.  My concern is if i log into my password manager now on my computer, that means the hacker could literally see all my passwords and everything i wrote on it?  I know about the phishing links hackers post where you download a fake wallet and enter the seed.  But if you don't enter your seed, I read its safe.   But could clicking on a link to a website without downloading anything also do this?  I did not see any program download.  But I'm pretty sure it was a dangerous site.

The thing that I considered was to not log into my password manager.  But then use another device and enter my seed into it to access the wallet.  Then assuming my coins are still there, create a new wallet and send all of them there and get a new seed.  Is that recommended?

I don't want to wipe my laptop as I have so many things on it for years etc.  I also didn't do a backup of it as well.  The thing is I do have a copy of my password manager on a usb drive.  But is there any virus program I could use or buy where it would find any type of malware, keylogger or browser hijack etc on it?  So that way I could continue to use my laptop without wiping it clean?

I have heard of that browser hijack where when people send coins, their browser would copy/paste another address etc.  But in this situation, what would you do?  I guess this is the same like if your computer is compromised and you use software wallets and sites since anything you type into binance or coinbase etc... well that person could record your keystrokes?

.FX..BOX.

▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
    ███                                    ███
    ███                          ▄██▄      ███
    ███                         ▄█████▄    ███
    ███   ▄▄                   ▄████████▄  ███
    ███  ▄███▄                █████▀██████▄███
    ███ ███████▄             █████▀  ▀████████
    █████████████▄         ▄█████      ▀██████
    ███████▀▀██████▄      ▄█████         ▀████
    ██████    ▀██████▄   ██████            ▀██
    █████       ▀██████▄██████             ▄
    ███▀          ▀██████████              ██▄
    ██▀             ▀▀█████▀               ███
    █▀                 ▀██▀                ███
    ▀ ▄                  ▀                 ███
    ▄██                                    ███
    ▀████████████████████████████████████████▀

INVESTING, TRADING,
    LOTTERY, MARKET
    PREDICTIONS.

▄▄███
            ▄▄▄██▀████
      ▄▄▄█████▀ ▄█████
    ▀█████▀▀ ▄███████
           ▄█████████
           ██▀██████
           ▀    ▀▀█▀

██▀▀█▄       ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀█▄   ▄█▀
       ▀█▄ ▀█▄█▀
         ▀█  █▄
        ▄█▀█▄ ▀█▄
      ▄█▀   ▀█▄ ▀█▄
    ▄█▀       ▀█▄▄██

GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
    CURRENCY TRADING  ◼  DEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  GAMEFI
                   │
         │      ███
         │      ███
        │     ███
    ███  │     ███
    ███ ███ ███ ███
    ███ ███ ███ ███
    ███ ███ ███ ███
    ███ ███ ███ ███
    ███ ███     │
    ███ ███     │
        │

.FOREX..TRADING FROM $1.

.READ MORE.

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services