click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: INSN Coin 🔷 POW/POS/Master Nodes/InstantTXs 🔷 18.4m Coins 🔷  (Read 70380 times)

InsanePR

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
    • Insane Coin
  • Re: INSN Coin 🔷 POW/POS/Master Nodes/InstantTXs 🔷 18.4m Coins 🔷
    « Reply #165 on: November 16, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »

*** New Dev @MrOk conversation on Discord ***

https://discord.gg/WMKPfEp

we are working hard so by that measure, things are healthy. The primary goals for INSN are fixes to the rewards structure but there are other things we are adding to the wallet to-do list because exchanges don't want us to do lots of wallet updates these days.

We aren't going to be announcing the wallet release schedule until we have things working on the test net and we are certain the dates (and corresponding block-heights) for the new wallet features, so we'll be making these announcements in the coming weeks.

summary: we don't really have an eta but we will any day now...

also, we will probably make some modifications based on feedback from community and update the roadmap, that is really important I'm not trying to sound flippant but I'm being honest, it's too early to say what the ETA is but things have gone more smoothly than expected so far? That's the best I can do at the moment

Q: Eta means estimated, it is not expected to be exact. You can say for example, a date where where you know it will be far done. If you say "any day before June 2019" may be better received than no eta at all.

A:  ok I expect it in February, I hope it will be December, but I am making wild-ass guesses as opposed to estimates
    because as an engineer, my estimates are expected to be rigorous.

https://discord.gg/WMKPfEp

*** You really should join INSN Discord for the latest info ***

maxel2017

• Discussion Is The Best For The Future
      • View Profile
      • ICO Project Translation
    Re: INSN Coin 🔷 POW/POS/Master Nodes/InstantTXs 🔷 18.4m Coins 🔷
    « Reply #166 on: November 17, 2017, 12:55:14 AM »
    wowww...great news

InsanePR

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
    • Insane Coin
    « Reply #167 on: January 16, 2018, 03:27:45 PM »
    Two important updates from the INSN dev Mrok on Discord...

January 07, 2018

Hi Folks, I had to take time off from working on INSN because of the holidays and  an unexpected stint helping my old employer. Fortunately I don't need to take another contract for a few months now so I'll be focusing full time on INSN development until the new release is out.

The holiday gift is complete! it is integration with the Bisq decentralized exchange. Our github changes need to be approved and included w/ Bisq so it's not live... and I'm not sure how long it will take but I'll update as soon as I know.

I'm definitely behind where I hoped to be with the new wallet release - I now estimate that the wallet will be ready in early February. I'm still working on the blockexplorer changes. The prior dev (CCZ) agreed to review everything when I'm ready so thats the next major milestone on my schedule.
    Also, I'm going to do a whitepaper that is not cribbed and says things about why our coin is unique and special so we can handle traffic from new people who are interested in joining our community.
    I have a degree and had to write papers in college, but i would appreciate input and editorial support!  I promise it won't be too snarky so that we can have it translated without undue difficulty.
    Thats all for me for now, I'll be online more now that I don't have to go into the office.

January 11, 2018

Howdy everyone, heres' the rundown - I am going to focus on some high level stuff today and we can do tech deep dives if people are interested.
    A. Rewards - I have an implementation that is following the new INSN reward specs (with 2000 intead of 20000 coins per day) after some very very light testing. I 've looked in detail at the proof of work / proof of stake difficulty code and there are a couple of improvements that should ensure we are seeing POW blocks.   I also have not implemented the  5% admin budget because I haven't seen code that I'd like to copy yet for that feature.

The big  remaining items for  rewards is all testing to ensure our fixes for POW/POS diff are working the way we want.
    We are on the correct item currently  with the official INSN roadmap, current roadma item: Wnter 2017-18, "Make our wallet noticeably better than all the other coins with similar wallets." When bittzy convinced me to add searching to the masternodes tab  I started learning how mcuh cool stuff we could be doing hhat we arent' doinig yet.  All except one of  the major UI issues are done  - the remaining bug to fix in the UI is that our wallet lets you spend you r masternode coins, thus disabling your MN associated with those coins. We are going to give the user a warning/cancel option instead of silently taking their MN offline.
    NOTE: Every other masternode coin I've used has the same problem, w silently disabling the masternode - details like a meaningful alert will impress cryptoenthusias who are sick of the same bad code getting copied into every altcoin.

OOPS add "Item B" next to "we are on track on the roadmap because we are focused on wallet improvements."

C. I mentioned in a prior update that the night-mode has a better UI now, and some other UI improvements like fixing the flashing masternode list, but  we are going to make our walle t look a LOT better.  We are going to produce  the follwing graphic items which we will include in our wallet to make it beautiful. We will develop these graphics as a community so that they are fantastic.  Graphic 00:  A nicer splash screen - Bittzy mentioned to me doing an animation in the splash screen which would be great, and i did a quick check and yes, we can use ANIMATED GIFS in our QT canvases, so ... we need a bunch of great animations so we can decide on a winner. It's ridiculously easy to make animated gifs, so this should be pretty entertaining. We can also use these animations in twitter/emails/etc  so... if yo uhave an idea that you like but doesn't work well for a splash screen go ahead and do it anyway and submit it!  I suggest we work all this out on our discord channel but I"m open to suggestions..

Graphic 01: Background images for the wallet, for both night-mode and normal mode.  These images must  be mostly dark or mostly light in color so that the graphics dont' interfere with the text in the user interface.  And, finally, Graphic 02: We need to update our logo in a couple of small ways, unless someone comes up with a logo that we all love more than the current one (which I am quite attached to) . The logo updates we need are: Remove the border and the text "INSANE" from the bottom, and make the background transparent. This will make our icon look liek all the other modern coins on cruptopia,  and it will follow the google design patterns  of making icons as simple and flat as possible.

Everyone's Favorite Topic, the schedule for delivery -   I am going to stop work the imroved blockexlorer because it's taking too much time and bittzy suggested that we can just replace our bad wallet block explorer with code that opens a web browser to the cryptoid explorer.  I think this is smart and elegant and in fact better than the complex blockexplorer that pivx includes (which I was using as a referene). than routing t open the browser to the web-block-explorer from within the wallet when you specificity an address or hash or blockheight etc.  Mid February but its still do-able.  I think we will hae a "release candidate" that will EVENTUALLY pass our tests to our satisfaction, but we are  going to need to test for a long time,  Our secret sauce incognito dev has found some security issues
    omg i dindt' edit that

to put it simply: We will be done with development
    but not testing.

My colleague on the dev  team has  a sensible  test plan that we will follow:

Basically, unscrupulous coders have been attacking  coins that are in the process of being updated  because the new code can have  problems.  Our plan for mitigating this:  Don't introduce new problem.Do our internal testing  without any  code avail to the public. When our testing indicates we are ready for public testing we will post the new source code and invite the public to participate in our beta.

Please join INSN discord for all the latest Insane info: https://discord.gg/WMKPfEp

secco

• Administrator
    • Legendary
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Garden
    « Reply #168 on: January 18, 2018, 02:58:22 PM »
    NovaExchange is not closing. This is the ann in their home page:

We are happy to announce that we have found a new partner that is willing, experienced, and able to carry on running Nova Exchange.
    So.The show will go on! More information will follow. In the meantime, keep on trading crypto.
    Best Wishes to you all!

INSN deposits are still unavailable, but I think we will see them back soon. This is a great news for INSN!
    Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden

InsanePR

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
    • Insane Coin
    « Reply #169 on: March 11, 2018, 10:59:17 PM »
    ;D We have an INSN update  ;D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Insane v1.0.5.1-Membrane-06

https://mega.nz/#!Y89W3C7R!se8bjdkWfvOE8wB1J6kpiHUSB6ssUNnRnSS1x1bAXDw

New version on the BE
    https://chainz.cryptoid.info/insn/#!network

Some of what the new update consists of ...

- Fix to master node payouts
    -  Fix to PoS payouts
    -  Fix to PoW
    -  Updated dependencies
    -  Code clean up

We will go over all of the update details later

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have until March 17th to be on the proper version

Don't delay... update your INSN wallet today

secco

• Administrator
    • Legendary
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Garden
    « Reply #170 on: March 12, 2018, 05:05:54 PM »
    InsaneCoin was mentioned in "Last Week Tonight" with John Oliver (HBO) - March 11, 2018

The whole show worth watching, you can fin it on youtube: https://youtu.be/g6iDZspbRMg

(the part about insane, where the logo is well visible, is at minute 11:03).

Man, I tell you! This is a brand that catch the attention!!!

secco

• Administrator
    • Legendary
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Garden
    « Reply #171 on: March 13, 2018, 11:13:06 AM »
    FYO, I'm reposting an update from CryptoCoder on Discord about the new release:

Hello all, I'd like to take a few minutes and discuss the recent updates applied the ones that are soon to be committed to the github along with having another wallet released. If anyone has questions afterwards please feelfree to ask

So hitting the items in the list from Bittzy's post first the masternode payouts have been updated to be the majority of the block payout. It's now set to 85% of the payout as the masternodes were supposed to receive a considerable bonus to standard rewards. This of course never happened as the masternode fees were simply not high enough for the amount of coins being created. Next the PoS payouts have been set to astatic reward of 14 INSN per stake with an 8% too receive 17.5 INSN per stake or a 12.5% bonus to the normal rate with  85% going to masternodes for supporting the network as intended from the start. PoW has also been adjusted to 5.5 INSN per block with a 20% of receiving a block that rewards double. Windows builds have been updated to the latest wallet dependencies that improve stability and performance and there has been codebase cleanup done. Also, there has been a developer operations payment added that acts similarly to the masternode payments in that it uses a portion of the generated block but it only is applied to PoS blocks and not PoW blocks. Developer operatons payments are set to 5% of the generated block amount and goes directly to the Insane team (not to me, BIttzy has more information on who has access to these funds). Finally there's also now a 10x bonus that will run for all block rewards that begins the 20th of this month and runs until April 20th (next month) that is intended to make up for the lost time ine regards to paymentsfor the network to stakers, miners, and masternodes and help further fund future development and integration.

CryptoCoders is now live on Discord answering questions from communty, if you want to join, you're welcome to post your questions.

@Nikita The VRX retarget has been updated to VRX v3 you can see an example of its function here: https://stats.espers.io/ (I am by no means shilling another project as that depicts chain functionality with the new system) so after this update no more issues with mining/staking

As for your second question yes I will continue to work with Insane as long as @Bittzy78 would like that to coninue :smiley:
    @BakaSenpai#2230 devop payments kick in 17th still as they were already like that the bonus payouts are set to 3 days later now

InsanePR

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
    • Insane Coin
    « Reply #172 on: March 14, 2018, 11:02:38 AM »
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had to make some updates to the current update

Please download ASAP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had to do an update to the update so you need to be on Insane v1.0.5.2 Membrane 07 by March 17th. The update download has been tested and synced on multiple computers without any issues.

Insane v1.0.5.2-Membrane-07
    Updated  version of INSN

Saturday, March 17th 2018 05:00:00 GMT -07:00
    Time the update will go into effect

https://github.com/CryptoCoderz/INSN
    Updated Github

https://mega.nz/#!U51hySba!4AqmmNDiBGHutfTxfRRo6ffi876X8NJzwiJIIZfJkQ4
    Updated Windows download

Ubuntu 16.04 pre-compiled binary available here:
    https://office.organicdesign.nz/s/boD8a6Jw2DXjzA5
    (Thanks @Aran)

InsanePR

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
    • Insane Coin
    « Reply #173 on: May 02, 2018, 02:01:53 PM »
    ** INSN Update **

** v1.0.5.4-Membrane - 09 **

** This update isn't madatory but it is highly recomended **

https://mega.nz/#!s8t2DS5A!R6-OAQXzx06pvwGb8RotAqSnhSMs8m2WzGbbZasN71g

InsanePR

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
    • Insane Coin
    « Reply #174 on: June 12, 2018, 12:10:29 PM »
    Insane visiting Blockchain Expo in Amsterdam:
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/insane-visiting-blockchain-expo-amsterdam-insane-network/

Dave Adsett, aka Notnormals from the insane team, was at the Blockchain Conference at Excel London on the 7th of June, developing links for their upcoming project insanespaces.com, a global initiative to bring crypto to a new audience of users. While he was there he airdropped some INSN to the people he met.

He will also be visiting the Blockchain Expo 2018 in Amsterdam on the 27th & 28th of June. The aim is to continue building ties and seeking innovative solutions to best fit insanespaces needs. Once again he has some INSN to hand out, so if you see him there sporting the insane logo, say hello and he will happily give you a little insane for your wallet.

notnormals

• Garden Hero
    • In the land of Poly
      • View Profile
      • The Poly Penthouse Project
    « Reply #175 on: May 08, 2019, 09:18:02 AM »

To make testing of our new masternode exchange site a bit more fun we are running a little competition.
    Using play crypto (just numbers in a box) trade TestCoin <> VestTest and win some INSN.

Visit this page: https://insane.exchange/win

For the next 24 hours, the user with the highest number of executed trades will receive 4 INSN masternode shares (1000 INSN x4)
    The user with the second highest will receive 2 INSN masternode shares (1000 x2) and the user with the third highest will receive 5 INSN Micro shares (100 INSN x5)

If you're not already a member at insane.exchange you can sign up here.
    https://insane.exchange/Account/Register

Ends 21:30 (CET) 8 May 2019

Support and more can be found on our discord https://discord.gg/vCutZRQ

Good luck

notnormals

• Garden Hero
    • In the land of Poly
      • View Profile
      • The Poly Penthouse Project
    « Reply #176 on: June 28, 2019, 09:05:21 AM »

Join us to get your daily injections of crypto > https://insane.exchange/Account/Register

Why not go crypto insane and grab yourself some free crypto every day.
    It's so insane some faucets even payout every hour.

And there is even more to this insanity, free airdrops rain down at random times and you don't even have to be active to collect them.
    Just log in to collect a claim from your favourite faucets and be insanely surprised by the airdrops you missed adding up in your wallets. 📈

Can it get any more insane?

Join us to get your daily injections of crypto > https://insane.exchange/Account/Register

Collect AquariusCoin, CryptoDezireCash, Deviant, Espers, FeatherCoin, FiberCoin, GameCredits, GinCoin, ImageCoin, InflationCoin, InfoCoin, InsaneCoin, LanaCoin, LiteCoin, Mentos, Midas, MonaCoin, MouseCoin, MyriadCoin, NIX, NoteBlockchain, OASIS, OverpoweredX, PACCoin, PAWS, PinkCoin, PivX, RatCoin, ReddCoin, RockNRain, SmartCash, SocialSend, SpectreSecurity, CoinSprouts, TittieCoin, ZarCash Some are ready some are on the way, new coins added at an insane speed.

An insane project. https://insane.network home of INSN  

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services