click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: Why Investing is Better than Saving  (Read 454 times)

Shiftal

• View Profile
Why Investing is Better than Saving
« on: October 06, 2021, 11:16:15 AM »
Over the years, there has been a lot of talks about the best way to grow your money. While some consider stocks to be the best option to invest money safely, others favor government bonds and similar assets, and so on. One thing that almost everyone seems to agree upon is that saving is certainly not the best way to make your money grow. Let’s find out why.

What is Saving? How is it Different from Investing?

Saving is when you save your money in cash in a locker or in a bank account or someplace else, usually with no particular purpose. The idea is to keep saving a part of your earnings for future use. For example, whenever you get some extra cash, you put it in a money jar, just so that the money is saved and not unnecessarily spent.

Now, this may sound like a nice thing to do, but it’s certainly not the best thing you can do with your money.
Saving is definitely a good habit. You must save as much as you can from your income. But, instead of holding the cash in a locker or bank account, you should invest it in a growing asset. Why? In one word, the answer is -

INFLATION

Inflation is the decline in the value of money. Over time, the money loses its purchasing power. In simple words, something that you can buy with INR 100 today will cost must more, say, 10 years later. So, if you are saving with the hope to buy something, like a car, say, 10 years later, you’ll need much more money than what you need today.

Now, the thing with saving is that it doesn’t really grow your money. Even if you are saving in a bank account, you’ll typically earn an annual interest of 2–3%. But, did you know that the average annual inflation rate is about 5–6%? That means your money is losing about 5–6% of its value automatically every year, while your saving accounts are only compensating for 2–3% of it.
To sum up, you need to put your money into an asset that grows at an annual rate higher than inflation. This is called investing.

What is Investing?

Investing is when you put your money in growth assets so that the value of your money increases, and doesn’t decrease, with time.
There are many options and assets you can invest in with the assurance of returns higher than inflation. Some of the most popular investment options in India include -

Fixed deposit — 5–6% yearly returns
Gold — 9–10%
Debt mutual funds — 7–10%
Equity mutual funds — 11–15%
Real estate — 10% to no upper limit
Stocks — 15% to no upper limit
Bonds — 7–10%
Government schemes — PPF, NPS, SSY, etc. — 6–8%
Cryptocurrency — 30–40% to no upper limit

Different investment options have different risk levels. For example, debt mutual funds are less riskier than equity mutual funds. Similarly, govt bonds with fixed returns are less riskier than stocks. So, the best thing to do is understand and evaluate your risk profile and then invest in the most suitable assets to meet your risk criteria and goals.

Crypto trading is the latest trend in the investing space. As we have seen in the past decade, investing in cryptocurrencies can give much higher returns than any traditional assets. Bitcoin, for example, has grown by over 30,000% in the last 10 years or so. However, cryptocurrencies are highly volatile and this is a very high-risk investment option. So, do your research before investing in digital assets and invest only what you can afford to lose.

To minimize your crypto investing/trading risks, use a reliable and reputable crypto exchange platform with minimum trading fees. Shiftal is a peer-to-peer exchange that lets you trade Bitcoin directly with other traders from around the world, with minimal interference of the platform and zero trading fees. Find out more at https://shiftalcoin.com/

aliciamilford

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Why Investing is Better than Saving
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 03:48:28 PM »
Investing gives your money the potential to grow faster than it could in a savings account. If you have a long time until you need to meet your goal, your returns will compound. Basically, this means in addition to a higher rate of return on investments, your investment earnings will also earn money over time.Aug 2, 2021

Dennis2t8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 01:29:22 PM »
Investing is like planting tree which gives you benefit over the period of time. While Saving is just limited. And if you are investing in crypto then you should must join MyCryptoParadise  https://mycryptoparadise.com/ like me because your investments matters and crypto is risky business better be safe. So, they are the best option to trade in save side. Because I found them very hard way.

lanjer50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 07:53:45 PM »
I prefer investing because if I want to make my assets more than form the present for the future. Saving is a secure strategy for who want to save money, though it will likely not result in the most wealth accumulated over the long run. Here are just a few of the benefits that investing your cash comes with: Investing products such as stocks can have much higher returns than savings accounts. That is why i corroborate investing.
        ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
     ▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄
   ▄████████▀▀                   ▀▀████████▄
▄▄██████████                       ██████████▄▄

███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
  ▀██████████▀▀███████▀▀▀███████▀▀██████████▀
     ▀███████▄  ████▀     ▀████  ▄███████▀
      ████  ▀█████▀         ▀█████▀  ████
      █████▄          ▄▄▄          ▄█████
       █████       ▄▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄       █████
       █████         █████         █████
       █████▄   ▀▀▄         ▄▀▀   ▄█████
       ██████      ▀▀█████▀▀      ██████
       ▀█████▄▄      ▀███▀      ▄▄█████▀
         ▀██████▄▄▄   ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████▀
             ▀████████▀▀▀████████▀
               ▀████▄█████▄████▀
                   ▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀

PATRON
DOGE DAF

A MEME-TOKEN WITH NFTs AND
METAVERSE, NAMED AFTER
THE FEARLESS DOG PATRON

FROM
              ▄
▄▄         ███         ▄▄
███▄       ███       ▄███
██▀██      ███      ██▀██
██  ██     ███     ██  ██
██  ▀██    ███    ██▀  ██
██   ██    ███    ██   ██
██   ██    ███    ██   ██
██  ▄███  ▄████  ███▄  ██
██▄██▀   ▄██ ██▄   ▀██▄██
██ ▀██▄▄██▀   ▀██▄▄██▀ ██
██   ▀▀██▀██▄██▀██▀▀   ██
██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀███▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ▀█▄ ███ ▄█▀
         ▀█████▀
           ▀▀▀

UKRAINE

████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████▀▀   ▀▀██▀▀█████
█████   ▀█████████▀           ▀█████
█████▄     ▀▀▀▀███           ▄██████
█████▀▀                      ███████
██████                      ▄███████
████████                   ▄████████
████████▄                ▄██████████
██████████▀▀           ▄████████████
█████▄▄           ▄▄▄███████████████

IDO WITH UNICRYPT

███

███

███████████████████████████████████████████████████

ABOUT PATRON DAF

███████████████████████████████████████████████████

███
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

pezza

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 10:17:10 AM »
It's very true that investing is far more lucrative than just saving money. I like to make my money work for me by trading. If you can make a passive income through property or stocks.

intrade

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 05:02:20 AM »
of course investing is more profitable.
Interest rates are super low now, so savings accounts barely pay anything.

naughtpanda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 07:13:51 PM »
That's not a discussion about better or not.. Inversting is an addiction for me, not only earn some profit,. For now I'm in Fetch for example,  I dont have pretty profit but I follow it like a fool, during all day and night.. yeah, I acccept, Im an addicted to trading on Fetch... ???

reecerispoli

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 02:50:57 PM »
Deffiently better of with  investing you can easily make more money that way

cashisking86

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 02:27:03 PM »
You hit the nail on the head with inflation. We might be taking more obvious risks by investing our money but to ignore the risk of inflation silently eating away at your stash is going to be incredibly harmful to your long term wealth.

Swiss_cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 12:38:31 PM »
Exactly right.... Especially in the current financial climate

Noverti

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2021, 07:50:19 PM »
If we invest in projects, then we must decide how much to keep the purchased coins or tokens. After all, we buy them in order to make a profit in the future, and not for collecting. And each project is individual in this regard. I am currently considering investing in the Muzicoin.io project. Muzicoin is a technology created to develop the global phonographic market, with the concept of distributing cryptocurrency rewards through music and interactivity on the Muzi platform. The IEO of this project is currently being held on the Coinsbit exchange.

patricksh

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 09:25:22 PM »
I would say that investing also teaches us the financial literacy. In order to increase and not lose your assets you have to do a huge research on where to invest and what looks prospective. So while doing all this, we really broaden our mind and get really useful knowledge. My credo is always invest and never just save. 

WalletInvestor

• View Profile
    • WalletInvestor
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2021, 09:38:40 AM »
I think one should always have some amount of savings easily available for "emergencies" but apart from that, investing can be a better option indeed, this article explained it quite well. One of the most important things when investing is diversificiation - with a portfolio that contains both low-risk and high-risk investments, you can maximize the profits while keeping your risks at bay.
Check out the latest forecasts and news about cryptocurrencies, stocks, forex pairs and more on WalletInvestor.com

Maxx_qqwx

• https://t.me/qqwxbounty - Username: @qqwx11
  • Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2021, 08:21:27 AM »
of course investing is more profitable.
Interest rates are super low now, so savings accounts barely pay anything.

Exactly, investing now is a great opportunity for the people who are involved in the crypto industry. Here a lot of people making a lot of money by investing in different communities/tokens. Its really big amount.

HeavLeighGill

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2021, 05:31:26 PM »
Definitely agree that it's better to invest than to save, although I do think that some money should be saved of course while another percentage is invested so that it can grow.

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services