click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin - Est. 2012  (Read 68210 times)

clockuniverse

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
    • Terracoin 1.0
[ANN] Terracoin - Est. 2012
« on: October 17, 2016, 02:59:29 AM »

Updated 3.5.19
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 09:07:35 PM by clockuniverse »

clockuniverse

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
    • Terracoin 1.0
Re: [ANN] Terracoin
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 02:37:20 AM »
June 2nd Update – Hired

We are excited to announce that we have officially hired Ahmed Bodiwala aka Mrbodz to implement the following features:

* Add all Terracoin specs to DASH code
  * Include all of DASH's features (Decentralized governance, masternodes, instant sent, private send)
  * Have masternodes cost 10,000 Terracoin the first month then go down 1,000 Terracoin per two months until it gets to 1,000 Terracoin
  * Working testnet
  * Help test for a month and a half
  * Windows, OSX, and Linux Wallets

We have great confidence in Ahmed.  He did the original update for The Terracoin Foundation which updated TRC to the Bitcoin .12.1 code, and added merge mining and Dark Gravity Wave.

We have agreed to pay Ahmed $4800 USD (to be converted to an equivalent amount of Bitcoin at the time of payment) and he said he will have the changes completed in two months.

At the end of those two months we plan to run the testnet for a month and half to make sure that everything is working perfectly.

After that the hard fork will happen two weeks later.

That give us 4 months to accomplish as much as possible.

Here are some ideas of things we can accomplish.

* Spread the word as much as possible
  * Added to another exchange (bitsquare would be awesome)
  * Updated website
  * Guides for new users
  * Weeklys turned into youtube videos instead of posts

Also, in about two months the difficulty readjustment kicks in.  This will cause the block reward to cut down from 20 TRC to 10 TRC.

All of these adjustments to Terracoin make this the best time to spread the word and invest in Terracoin.

Terracoin has never had a brighter future then right now!

Please donate to help pay Ahmed.  Thanks!

Bitcoin Donations address

14LW52k8vhHvHaGfmgx48d3su4RcKPyKcc

Total Bitcoin Donated

.17194391 BTC

Terracoin General Donation Address

12bTKJL3UiypnVQMyFXg7eCJudAyAtgh6p

Total Terracoin Donated

34,656.89725820 TRC

Feel free to join our public slack channel:
https://terracoin.slack.com/shared_invite/MTgzODE5MDQyMjk1LTE0OTQ2MjI1NzYtZWQyZGYzMWU2OQ

This link expires on June 12th.

Numbers!

30 days ago we were at 0.00001516 BTC (.0215 USD) and today we are at 0.00000655 BTC (.0156 USD.) In the past 7 days we have not gone over the 10 cent (USD) price.

We are ranked 302 on coinmarketcap with a market cap of $316,394 USD.  Last week our market cap was $339,490 USD.

Source: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/terracoin/

boyprodn

• View Profile
Re: [ANN] Terracoin - Est. 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 06:36:28 AM »
bounties or giveway ?
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
[co

clockuniverse

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
    • Terracoin 1.0
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 05:33:33 PM »
bounties or giveway ?

We aren't doing any bounties or giveaways right now.  Everyone (besides the freelance developer) is volunteering their time to get everything rolling.  There may be some once the decentralized governance is implemented.

clockuniverse

• Garden Hero
    • View Profile
    • Terracoin 1.0
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 06:27:06 AM »
bounties or giveway ?

Actually I have been discussing it with the team and we are thinking about doing a twitter giveaway.  Stay tuned.

secco

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Garden
  • Re: [ANN] Terracoin - Est. 2012
    « Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 12:12:53 AM »
    Best of all is giving some rewards for activities that can help the coin growth or awareness... exchange votes, social media sharing, stuff like that. Although we all like receiving free coins, giving away coins just for free is pointless. imo.

Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden

clockuniverse

• Garden Hero
      • View Profile
      • Terracoin 1.0
    « Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 03:15:37 AM »
    Best of all is giving some rewards for activities that can help the coin growth or awareness... exchange votes, social media sharing, stuff like that. Although we all like receiving free coins, giving away coins just for free is pointless. imo.

Definitely.  We were thinking about a retweet reward for tomorrow's weekly update since I think the recent price increase is related to many people, including you retweeting a tweet.  :)  Thanks man!

I think Terracoins main challenge is that not enough people know that it is alive and getting actively developed and twitter seems to be the place to get that word out.

bitcsseyah

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 03:52:21 AM »
    When will the rewards happen? :D

bitcsseyah

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 04:19:04 AM »
    By the way, I asked for the update of Terracoin thread on CryptoCompare Forum ...  https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/trc/forum

I'll keep posting there so that many will see about Terracoin :D

secco

• Administrator
    • Legendary
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Garden
    « Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »
    Definitely.  We were thinking about a retweet reward for tomorrow's weekly update since I think the recent price increase is related to many people, including you retweeting a tweet.  :)  Thanks man!

That's a good idea. Terracoin has been around for very long time. For sure there are a lot of people who have forgotten wallets with coins somewhere in their computers... a lot of liquidity ready to go circulating again. great base for a price grow... shame on me, I've hundreds of wallet but missed TRC. Better I rush to install one and get some coins!

secco

• Administrator
    • Legendary
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Garden
    « Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 04:33:08 PM »
    Is there a zip of the blockchain somewhere? Downloading 4 years of blocks looks like a long task...

clockuniverse

• Garden Hero
      • View Profile
      • Terracoin 1.0
    « Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 11:09:42 PM »
    By the way, I asked for the update of Terracoin thread on CryptoCompare Forum ...  https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/trc/forum

I'll keep posting there so that many will see about Terracoin :D

I haven't heard of that site before.  Thanks for asking them to update!  I will put it on my list.  Do you think I should post my weekly updates on there?

clockuniverse

• Garden Hero
      • View Profile
      • Terracoin 1.0
    « Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 11:33:28 PM »

That's a good idea. Terracoin has been around for very long time. For sure there are a lot of people who have forgotten wallets with coins somewhere in their computers... a lot of liquidity ready to go circulating again. great base for a price grow... shame on me, I've hundreds of wallet but missed TRC. Better I rush to install one and get some coins!

Yep!  Time for everyone to grab at least 10k for a masternode before the price sky rockets!

Is there a zip of the blockchain somewhere? Downloading 4 years of blocks looks like a long task...

There isn't a reliable zip of the blockchain right now.  I just added it to my to-do list!

One of the things that I really like about having masternodes is that the blockchain downloads really fast.

clockuniverse

• Garden Hero
      • View Profile
      • Terracoin 1.0
    « Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 03:05:51 AM »
    June 8th Terracoin Update – Loop

After last weeks weekly update there have been a huge drive to get the word out that The Terracoin Foundation is actively updating TRC.
    This has resulted in a huge jump in volume and price for TRC. There always will be some market correction, but I think the goal of seeing TRC in the top 100 of coinmarketcap isn’t far off considering the features* we are implementing.

We have a whole list** of things we are working on before the implementation happens, but I am focusing on getting someone to create these weekly updates as Youtube videos. Have anyone who is interested contact me.

We also need to spread the word as much as possible that TRC is getting the changes that it needs and we need to make sure no one is left out of the loop. Feel free to post on any of the following sites. I check each of them at least once a weekday and I know other TRC Foundation members also check these sites regularly.

Bitcointalk - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1364146.new#new

Bitcoingarden - https://bitcoingarden.org/forum/index.php?topic=10780.new#new

Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/Terracoin/

Slack - Public Slack Invite (I had to reset this before the post.  The old one will not work.) https://join.slack.com/terracoin/shared_invite/MTk1MjE3Nzk4NzA5LTE0OTY5NjkxMjktZWNlNjkwNTA3NQ

Twitter - https://twitter.com/Terracoin_TRC

Until decentralized governance is implemented we still function on donations. I have already agreed to pay Mrbodz for the development, but donations help to offset the cost and give us spending money for marketing campaigns.

Bitcoin Donations address

14LW52k8vhHvHaGfmgx48d3su4RcKPyKcc

Total Bitcoin Donated

.17194391 BTC

Terracoin General Donation Address

12bTKJL3UiypnVQMyFXg7eCJudAyAtgh6p

Total Terracoin Donated

34,656.89725820 TRC

Numbers!

30 days ago we were at 0.00001235 BTC (.0212 USD) and today we are at 0.00001462 BTC (.0409 USD). In the past 7 days we were over the 10 cent (USD) price price for a short spike.  Let’s shoot for hitting 20 cents (USD) next week!

We are ranked 292 on coinmarketcap with a market cap of $829,205 USD.  Last week our market cap was $316,394 USD.

Countdown till Testnet and Hardfork

We are approximately 7 weeks from an active testnet and approximately 15 weeks from the hard fork for the implement of DASH’s code.

Notes

* We have officially hired Ahmed Bodiwala aka Mrbodz for $4800 USD to implement the following features:

• Add all Terracoin specs to DASH code
    • Include all of DASH's features (Decentralized governance, masternodes, instant sent, private send)
    • Have masternodes cost 10,000 Terracoin the first month then go down 1,000 Terracoin per two months until it gets to 1,000 Terracoin
    • Working testnet
    • Help test for a month and a half
    • Windows, OSX, and Linux Wallets

** Here are some ideas of things we can accomplish before implementation
    • Spread the word as much as possible
    • Added to another exchange (bitsquare would be awesome)
    • Updated website
    • Guides for new users
    • Donations to not for profits that benefit the world
    • Weeklies turned into youtube videos instead of posts
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 04:06:41 AM by clockuniverse »

bitcsseyah

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 10:17:03 AM »
    @clockuniverse - you should update thread on cryptocompare.com because there's a lot of investors on that site :) better to check it.

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2022, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services