click here if you want to see your banner on this site

Author Topic: Is Chia coin "green"?  (Read 2436 times)

Klassew

• View Profile
Re: Is Chia coin "green"?
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2021, 11:43:05 AM »
Exactly. It has 2 unique features - decentralization and privacy+stability in one. If it will bump - it will happen thankfully to its uniqueness. It's just a matter of time as it has to be listed somewhere and get more attention.

LovelyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2021, 01:12:32 PM »
The main thing is that we do not wait for this for too long. After all, listing a coin is not cheap. And as you remember, the project is non-commercial and self-funded.

Klassew

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2021, 10:57:56 AM »
Non-commercial doesn't mean they have no money for improvement. And for sure, the coin has to be listed in order to get trust and popularity. By the way, Crypton already reached 31K nodes what is really amazing! For example, in February, Bitcoin had about 10K, Ethereum - 12.5K So this number impressed me a lot.

LovelyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2021, 08:09:31 PM »
Hmmmm You are right! . The developers seriously intend to conquer the crypto market. Now it remains only to observe the reaction of crypto communities and then whether they will believe in the security of this project.

Klassew

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2021, 12:20:10 PM »
31K nodes already shows that quite a big amount of people already believe in the project. And what's the community you want to ask about the project? :) Everything will be discussed from both sides in any time. Every project has supporters and haters. So this statistics shows that things are moving in a right way.

LovelyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2021, 10:32:25 AM »
Why ask someone?=) I meant that time will tell how many users will decide to support this project. After all, the latest data showed that their number is growing. This is already a good result for a non-profit project.

Klassew

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2021, 04:13:11 PM »
And as I've mentioned, a new bounty had started today that is held by Utopia p2p again: https://bitcoingarden.org/forum/index.php?topic=108454.new#new If I'm not mistaken a big promo action for miners stopped yesterday and now another chance to win some CRP for free. And this time, you'll 100% get it.

LovelyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2021, 10:14:46 AM »
Oh, Cool! Will you take part in it? I'm still planning to study the conditions and maybe join the participants.

Redix

• Garden Staff
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2021, 11:51:06 PM »
I don't understand what do you mean by "green". Are you trying to tell us about a safe way of mining? If you want to have a safe way of mining Chia coin, just choose the way that doesn't use a big number of energy consumptions. Many people have a problem with electricity consumption during mining a coin. So, you need to deal with this.

Klassew

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2021, 04:55:40 PM »
I don't understand what do you mean by "green". Are you trying to tell us about a safe way of mining? If you want to have a safe way of mining Chia coin, just choose the way that doesn't use a big number of energy consumptions. Many people have a problem with electricity consumption during mining a coin. So, you need to deal with this.

It's not about safety, but about energy consumption level. For example, Crypton is mined with simple PC and internet, what means it doesn't require any additional electricity. And chia in that case is pretty insane as more you connect - more energy is used.

Redix

• Garden Staff
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2021, 09:52:07 PM »
Crypton is mined with simple PC and internet, what means it doesn't require any additional electricity.
Do you think PC doesn't need electricity?  ???
If we can use PC without electricity, then it is amazing. It is true if we don't mine with electricity but PC needs electricity. By the way, what do you mean by a simple PC? Is there a non-simple PC?

LovelyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2021, 10:53:18 AM »
I think you don't quite understand: the process of mining this coin has a fairly low level of energy consumption, that is, in fact, the work of a PC + mining of krypton consumes about as much electrical energy as just the work of a PC.

I'm surprised it doesn't seem eco-friendly to you.

WalletInvestor

• View Profile
    • WalletInvestor
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2021, 12:57:23 PM »

I think by "green" they mean environmental friendliness. That is more than simply energy consumption, in this case - many criticise Chia because hardwares that store the information get destroyed by mining very quickly, which creates a lot of electronic waste, therefore it is not a green way of mining in spite of the low electricity consumption.
Check out the latest forecasts and news about cryptocurrencies, stocks, forex pairs and more on WalletInvestor.com

Redix

• Garden Staff
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2021, 11:54:45 PM »
I think by "green" they mean environmental friendliness.
Well, you may be right. If we look at the context, environmental friendliness seems what they mean. It requires research to know whether it is really friendly with the environment or not. If Chia can make a solution for green mining, I think it is a great idea. But it the mining process must fulfill the requirements of real "green" mining.

Klassew

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2021, 03:03:45 PM »
I have also seen enough assumptions that all the noise around the chip and solid-state drives with increased power consumption was caused specifically to create a certain kind of hype. No one knows the whole truth, but I was suspicious of this project from the very beginning.

Bitcoin Garden 2013-2024, All rights reserved | Privacy Policy | DMCA | About Bitcoin Garden | Support & Services